Bradley's mom blames preschool racism, Mark De Rosa-love for Milton's troubles

Sep 24, 2009, 8:20 AM EDT

On at least one level I feel sorry for Milton Bradley, and that has to do with his mom, who simply won’t stop talking to the Chicago media about her son.

The latest? According to her, Bradley was distracted because his three year-old son was subjected to racist taunts. “Parents, teachers and their kids called him the n-word,” she said.  Tough preschool.  Also, says Ma Bradley, the fans hated him right off the bat because he wasn’t Mark DeRosa. “And he could see right away the fans didn’t accept him because they
wanted DeRosa, I think his name was, to be there. So he never really
felt accepted. He never felt comfortable at all.” Oh, and she also says that Bradley would like to play in Chicago again if given the chance.

I feel sorry for him because I could totally see my mom doing this. Except instead of racist toddlers and DeRosa envy, my mom would blame all of my struggles on gas or “a change in the weather,” which are the two things she has blamed for every bit of negativity that has happened in her lifetime, be it the space shuttle exploding, inflation, or the Kennedy assassination.

I’d say I can’t wait to hear more from Bradley’s mom, but my guess is that Milton is going to spend a good bit of time today arranging for her phone number to be changed.

1. Church of the Perpetually Outraged - Sep 24, 2009 at 1:04 PM

SO black lady take the kid out of a white school, and put him one with all blacks where he belongs. that way when the other 4 year olds call him a ni**er, it will be a term of affection. do anyone notice that the only racist people in the world are the blacks. wonder why that is.
    Why did you post this idiocy again? What bridge/rock are you living under where you think only black people are racist?

2. HOTROD - Sep 24, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Shely, YOU ARE A IDIOT RACISTS WHO SHOULD SPENDS TOO MUCH OF HER FREE TIME DYING THE ROOTS ON HER EMPTY HEAD, HOPEFULLY THE AMONIA WILL GET RID OF YOU!YOUR RACISTS COMMENT’S PROVES PEOPLE FROM IOWA SHOULD SPEND THEIR TIME PICKING CORN, AT LEAST YOU WILL DO SOMETHING WORTH WHILE.BY THE WAY, SHELLY DEAR, I’AM NOT AFRICAN AMERICAN NOT THAT ANYTHING IS WRONG WITH THAT YOU AIR HEAD DUM BLONDE, WHY DON’T YOU STOP ACTING LIKE A BRAVE RACISTS BEHIND YOUR KEYBOARD, I’AM NOT IMPRESSED AND I WILL NOT STOP WRITING BASED ON A IDIOTS ADVICE, SO DEAL WITH IT.

3. HOTROD - Sep 24, 2009 at 1:29 PM

YOU MOTHER,,,,,,,,,,,,

4. HOTROD - Sep 24, 2009 at 1:32 PM

HUH, THAT’S A BIG WORD FOR YOU, GLAD YOU SPELLED IT CORRECTLY.
    THROW YOURSELF A BIG PARTY.

5. Shely - Sep 24, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Hey, didn’t you get the memo? We changed your name to NIMROD. Besides you said you were finished with all of this. Can’t we count on you to keep your word?
    Shely

6. Will - Sep 24, 2009 at 1:47 PM

.I WILL TYPE IN CAPS JUST
    TO PISS YOU OFF, SO DEAL WITH IT.

Well, you showed him.
    Topic for debate: are the comment threads here actually dumber than the ones on Youtube, or does Youtube retain the title?

7. jeff Berardi - Sep 24, 2009 at 1:51 PM

The responses to this thread clearly show that America has no racial hang-ups whatsoever and his mother is clearly just making things up. Clearly.

8. Jim A - Sep 24, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Mr. Nimrod, I really tried to tone this whole thing down (primarily it was YOU I was addressing, as you seem to just be intent on inciting a riot), but feel I must address your latest rant against Shely. You continue to get your panties in a bunch about what you perceive as racism, and decry it, then turn around an insult Shely and wish her harm, and then generalize a negative steroetype about the residents of Iowa. You, sir, are the reason there should be a diagnostic code in the mental health manual (the DSM-IV) of “Rectal-Cranial Inversion Disorder”, because, frankly, you seem to have your head so far up your own backside that it is generally not compatible with life. Please do us all a favor – call your doctor and ask for a refill of whatever medication you are obviously out of, turn off your computer, and take a nice nap.

9. Luvheat - Sep 24, 2009 at 2:01 PM

All caps? Hmmm thinking Kanye West in drag?

10. ee cummings - Sep 24, 2009 at 2:03 PM

hotrod,
    who are you?

11. bill - Sep 24, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I hate people who need to inform everyone how stupid they are. you’re taking up valuable oxygen.

12. Luvheat - Sep 24, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Hotrod…you really shouldn’t comment on anyone’s spelling or grammar. I’m getting a headache trying to figure out what you are trying to say. But in the end it’s turned out to be all babble.

13. Luvheat - Sep 24, 2009 at 2:10 PM

heard that on the O2

14. Tom - Sep 24, 2009 at 2:25 PM

I blame his mom for naming him “Milton Bradley.” Maybe “Hungry Hungry Hippo” or “Candyland” would have led to fairer treatment.

15. Navy - Sep 24, 2009 at 2:43 PM

“Being a jerk is no excuse for bad behavior….”
    I don’t get it.
    No one should be a jerk, I think that is common sense. That said, there are jerks. So, bad behavior is the manifestation of being a Jerk. Therefore, being a jerk is the excuse for bad behavior.
    This I do get. When a jerk and a arrogant a ss converse good beahavior is no where to be found.

16. Pierre - Sep 24, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Both of them should be ashamed of themselves, using the race card is so ignorant. I’m a black man and love my Cubbies since the first time I watched a game on television when I was 6 yrs of age. Why would you say you don’t like the environment, but you want to stay in Chicago? Dude get the hell out of our city, you and your pathetic mother. You’ve done enough, or shall I say done nothing since you arrived.

17. HOTROD - Sep 24, 2009 at 2:56 PM

YOUR FATHER IS A DRAG QUEEN, DOESN’T SURPRISE ME, YOU DRAMA QUEEN

18. HOTROD - Sep 24, 2009 at 2:59 PM

MAYBE YOU HAVE HEADACHES BECAUSE YOU ARE TRYING TO THINK, THIS IS VERY HARD FOR SLOW PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF AND CAN CAUSE PAIN TO YOUR BRAIN……….
    WHO ARE YOU ?? DON’T ANSWER BECAUSE I KNOW YOUR KIND, IDIOT

19. HOTROD - Sep 24, 2009 at 3:02 PM

NO BUT YOUR MOTHER SHOULD HAVE USED A CONDOM, WOULD HAVE PREVENTED US FROM DEALING WITH A DUM SCHMUCK SUCH AS YOU. BLOW ME DOUCHE BAG

20. HOTROD - Sep 24, 2009 at 3:04 PM

GO PLAY IN TRAFFIC
    I HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE, BUT I DON’T CARE EITHER.

21. HOTROD - Sep 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM

GET LOST , GO BLOW SHELY, HE’S BACKED UP.

22. HOTROD'S MOM - Sep 24, 2009 at 4:26 PM

HOTROD, I THOUGHT I TAUGHT YOU BETTER THAN TO SPEAK TO PEOPLE LIKE THAT! NOW GO UPSTAIRS AND GET READY FOR WORK, MCDONALDS IS SUPPOSED TO BE REALLY BUSY TONIGHT!!!

23. bamboozled - Sep 24, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Asshole parents raise asshole kids.

24. SomeThingsDontChange - Sep 24, 2009 at 4:32 PM

You are absolutely right. 3year olds don’t know color but they are excellent at repeating what they hear their parents say.

25. MADDOG - Sep 24, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Ok, Ok, thats enough. Besides, racist should not have an (s) attached unless you are using it in the plural sense. See, it you call Nimrod a racist, it fits, but if you call Nimrod a raacists, it doesn’t sound right. Right???

Can Angels recoup loss of Richards?
  1. R. Castillo (4835)