Sep 25, 2009, 9:20 AM EST
Curt Schilling, after saying that A-Rod is already starting to choke before the playoffs even start, tries to explain why A-Rod is a poor postseason performer:
“For a guy that’s as good as he is, he still strikes out a lot. Guys who strike out a lot tend to have a tough time in October.”
Someone want to tell Schilling that the man who was actually given the nickname “Mr. October” is also the all-time leader in strikeouts? The upper reaches of the all-time strikeout list also includes 2004 World Series MVP and Curt Schilling teammate Manny Ramirez, 1979 World Series MVP Willie Stargell, and 1980 World Series MVP Mike Schmidt.
But I’m sure this is a simple mistake on Schilling’s part because he never talks nonsense just to hear his own voice.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (152)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (89)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (80)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)