Sep 25, 2009, 9:20 AM EDT
Curt Schilling, after saying that A-Rod is already starting to choke before the playoffs even start, tries to explain why A-Rod is a poor postseason performer:
“For a guy that’s as good as he is, he still strikes out a lot. Guys who strike out a lot tend to have a tough time in October.”
Someone want to tell Schilling that the man who was actually given the nickname “Mr. October” is also the all-time leader in strikeouts? The upper reaches of the all-time strikeout list also includes 2004 World Series MVP and Curt Schilling teammate Manny Ramirez, 1979 World Series MVP Willie Stargell, and 1980 World Series MVP Mike Schmidt.
But I’m sure this is a simple mistake on Schilling’s part because he never talks nonsense just to hear his own voice.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)