Sep 25, 2009, 8:50 AM EDT
Liberty Media owns the Atlanta Braves. They also own a company called BodyBuilding.com. The latter is in some trouble:
A nutrition company owned by the same company that owns the Atlanta Braves is selling steroids over the Internet, according to court papers unsealed Thursday. The nutrition company, BodyBuilding.com, is selling dietary supplements
that contain steroids and designer steroids, including a substance
found in the raid on the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative in 2003, the
court papers said.
They were raided yesterday.
On some level this story makes me feel good. I mean, when they bought the team a few years ago, I was concerned that Liberty Media was going to mistreat the Braves, raiding their profits and using them to prop up some of the weaker sisters in their vast media conglomerate.
Seeing that one of those sisters is selling steroids while the Braves are below the league average in home runs, however, makes me confident that Liberty is keeping their subsidiaries nice and separate.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)