Sep 29, 2009, 2:21 PM EDT
Shannon Drayer of ESPN radio in Seattle has chronicled the amazing psychic abilities that announcer Mike Blowers displayed yesterday. You really ought to read Drayer’s amusing recap, which includes the actual audio clips, but here’s the short version …
On the pregame show Blowers selected Matt Tuiasosopo as his “pick to click” and then jokingly made an extremely specific prediction about the rookie hitting his first career homer to left-center field on a 3-1 fastball in his second at-bat.
So naturally Tuiasosopo worked the count to 3-1 in his second at-bat and then launched a fastball into the left-center field seats for his first career homer as legendary play-by-play man Dave Niehaus went nuts and laughter filled the broadcast booth.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?