Sep 29, 2009, 2:21 PM EST
Shannon Drayer of ESPN radio in Seattle has chronicled the amazing psychic abilities that announcer Mike Blowers displayed yesterday. You really ought to read Drayer’s amusing recap, which includes the actual audio clips, but here’s the short version …
On the pregame show Blowers selected Matt Tuiasosopo as his “pick to click” and then jokingly made an extremely specific prediction about the rookie hitting his first career homer to left-center field on a 3-1 fastball in his second at-bat.
So naturally Tuiasosopo worked the count to 3-1 in his second at-bat and then launched a fastball into the left-center field seats for his first career homer as legendary play-by-play man Dave Niehaus went nuts and laughter filled the broadcast booth.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)