Sep 29, 2009, 2:21 PM EDT
Shannon Drayer of ESPN radio in Seattle has chronicled the amazing psychic abilities that announcer Mike Blowers displayed yesterday. You really ought to read Drayer’s amusing recap, which includes the actual audio clips, but here’s the short version …
On the pregame show Blowers selected Matt Tuiasosopo as his “pick to click” and then jokingly made an extremely specific prediction about the rookie hitting his first career homer to left-center field on a 3-1 fastball in his second at-bat.
So naturally Tuiasosopo worked the count to 3-1 in his second at-bat and then launched a fastball into the left-center field seats for his first career homer as legendary play-by-play man Dave Niehaus went nuts and laughter filled the broadcast booth.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)