Sep 29, 2009, 12:31 PM EDT
Steve Melewski of MASNSports.com reports that 16-year-old Dominican shortstop Miguel Angel Sano has lowered his asking price after MLB was unable to verify his age.
Considered by many to be the top international prospect available this year, Sano reportedly turned down a $2.6 million offer from the Pirates several months ago only to have several other teams tone down their pursuit.
Melewski reports that 8-10 teams remain interested in Sano, with the Pirates, Twins, and Orioles joined by the usual big-payroll clubs.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)