Sep 29, 2009, 12:31 PM EST
Steve Melewski of MASNSports.com reports that 16-year-old Dominican shortstop Miguel Angel Sano has lowered his asking price after MLB was unable to verify his age.
Considered by many to be the top international prospect available this year, Sano reportedly turned down a $2.6 million offer from the Pirates several months ago only to have several other teams tone down their pursuit.
Melewski reports that 8-10 teams remain interested in Sano, with the Pirates, Twins, and Orioles joined by the usual big-payroll clubs.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15