Oct 1, 2009, 10:57 AM EDT
OK, hold your fire. I’m joking. Sort of.
Check out this video of Joe Mauer stealing signs and relaying them to Jason Kubel. This happens all the time, but it’s fun to have actual video of it. Note the little captions above and below the video explaining what’s going on. It’s pretty cool stuff, actually.
For what it’s worth, I don’t really have a problem with this. Laird should hide his signs or change up the sequence if he’s having trouble. No one was complaining about this after the game or throwing balls at dudes’ heads as far as I know, so apparently all of the players feel the same way.
(thanks to reader MJ for the heads up)
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 59
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 28
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (105)