Oct 1, 2009, 10:57 AM EST
OK, hold your fire. I’m joking. Sort of.
Check out this video of Joe Mauer stealing signs and relaying them to Jason Kubel. This happens all the time, but it’s fun to have actual video of it. Note the little captions above and below the video explaining what’s going on. It’s pretty cool stuff, actually.
For what it’s worth, I don’t really have a problem with this. Laird should hide his signs or change up the sequence if he’s having trouble. No one was complaining about this after the game or throwing balls at dudes’ heads as far as I know, so apparently all of the players feel the same way.
(thanks to reader MJ for the heads up)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)