Oct 1, 2009, 10:57 AM EDT
OK, hold your fire. I’m joking. Sort of.
Check out this video of Joe Mauer stealing signs and relaying them to Jason Kubel. This happens all the time, but it’s fun to have actual video of it. Note the little captions above and below the video explaining what’s going on. It’s pretty cool stuff, actually.
For what it’s worth, I don’t really have a problem with this. Laird should hide his signs or change up the sequence if he’s having trouble. No one was complaining about this after the game or throwing balls at dudes’ heads as far as I know, so apparently all of the players feel the same way.
(thanks to reader MJ for the heads up)
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)