Oct 1, 2009, 10:57 AM EST
OK, hold your fire. I’m joking. Sort of.
Check out this video of Joe Mauer stealing signs and relaying them to Jason Kubel. This happens all the time, but it’s fun to have actual video of it. Note the little captions above and below the video explaining what’s going on. It’s pretty cool stuff, actually.
For what it’s worth, I don’t really have a problem with this. Laird should hide his signs or change up the sequence if he’s having trouble. No one was complaining about this after the game or throwing balls at dudes’ heads as far as I know, so apparently all of the players feel the same way.
(thanks to reader MJ for the heads up)
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)