Oct 1, 2009, 8:50 AM EDT
“If they want me to fold towels, I’ll fold towels. I don’t really care. Whatever they see fit, I want to help this team win in any role that I’m in.”
Chamberlain is 0-4 with 8.42 ERA in his last eight starts. The Yankees, of course, will get to choose the ALDS schedule which will allow them to go with only three starters, so this is probably not too big a deal unless and until they make the ALCS. If that happens I suppose fourth starts will be committee outings.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (78)