Oct 4, 2009, 7:32 AM EDT
Sick of staring at it, the Dodgers became it, pouring themselves across
Chavez Ravine on Saturday night like the champagne that has haunted
Clayton Kershaw popped. Casey Blake bubbled. Mark Loretta sprayed. An
entire dugout of bouncing blue poured into the cool night awash in
How, exactly, does champagne haunt you? Does it jump out and say “boo!” or is more of a creepy, move-your-stuff-around-at-night poltergeist kind of thing?
In other news, Kershaw is day-to-day following the popping. Blake and Loretta’s bubbling and spraying will probably land them on the disabled list.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69