Oct 4, 2009, 7:32 AM EDT
Sick of staring at it, the Dodgers became it, pouring themselves across
Chavez Ravine on Saturday night like the champagne that has haunted
Clayton Kershaw popped. Casey Blake bubbled. Mark Loretta sprayed. An
entire dugout of bouncing blue poured into the cool night awash in
How, exactly, does champagne haunt you? Does it jump out and say “boo!” or is more of a creepy, move-your-stuff-around-at-night poltergeist kind of thing?
In other news, Kershaw is day-to-day following the popping. Blake and Loretta’s bubbling and spraying will probably land them on the disabled list.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)