Oct 5, 2009, 9:55 AM EDT
“I wrote this speech thinking this was going to be it. It’s not it. You guys went and screwed up my whole speech. We’ve got to come back here on Tuesday and drink some more beer.”
— Kent Hrbek, in what was supposed to be his “goodbye to the Metrodome” speech following yesterday’s victory over the Royals.
In other news, there’s a curtain in the upper deck of the Metrodome that covers thousands of seats they don’t normally open up for baseball. Well, they have opened it up for tomorrow’s playoff, which makes 10,000 more tickets available. Those are all gone, however, and all that are left are the season tickets, which the holders have the option to buy.
Because of the quick turnaround, there is no way for the team to mail out tickets. While the wise will print ’em out at home, many won’t, and between all the curtain seats and any left-behind season tickets, the will call booth is gonna be crowded tomorrow. Get there early.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (67)