Oct 5, 2009, 9:55 AM EST
“I wrote this speech thinking this was going to be it. It’s not it. You guys went and screwed up my whole speech. We’ve got to come back here on Tuesday and drink some more beer.”
– Kent Hrbek, in what was supposed to be his “goodbye to the Metrodome” speech following yesterday’s victory over the Royals.
In other news, there’s a curtain in the upper deck of the Metrodome that covers thousands of seats they don’t normally open up for baseball. Well, they have opened it up for tomorrow’s playoff, which makes 10,000 more tickets available. Those are all gone, however, and all that are left are the season tickets, which the holders have the option to buy.
Because of the quick turnaround, there is no way for the team to mail out tickets. While the wise will print ‘em out at home, many won’t, and between all the curtain seats and any left-behind season tickets, the will call booth is gonna be crowded tomorrow. Get there early.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)