Oct 5, 2009, 9:55 AM EDT
“I wrote this speech thinking this was going to be it. It’s not it. You guys went and screwed up my whole speech. We’ve got to come back here on Tuesday and drink some more beer.”
— Kent Hrbek, in what was supposed to be his “goodbye to the Metrodome” speech following yesterday’s victory over the Royals.
In other news, there’s a curtain in the upper deck of the Metrodome that covers thousands of seats they don’t normally open up for baseball. Well, they have opened it up for tomorrow’s playoff, which makes 10,000 more tickets available. Those are all gone, however, and all that are left are the season tickets, which the holders have the option to buy.
Because of the quick turnaround, there is no way for the team to mail out tickets. While the wise will print ’em out at home, many won’t, and between all the curtain seats and any left-behind season tickets, the will call booth is gonna be crowded tomorrow. Get there early.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (248)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)