Oct 5, 2009, 9:55 AM EDT
“I wrote this speech thinking this was going to be it. It’s not it. You guys went and screwed up my whole speech. We’ve got to come back here on Tuesday and drink some more beer.”
– Kent Hrbek, in what was supposed to be his “goodbye to the Metrodome” speech following yesterday’s victory over the Royals.
In other news, there’s a curtain in the upper deck of the Metrodome that covers thousands of seats they don’t normally open up for baseball. Well, they have opened it up for tomorrow’s playoff, which makes 10,000 more tickets available. Those are all gone, however, and all that are left are the season tickets, which the holders have the option to buy.
Because of the quick turnaround, there is no way for the team to mail out tickets. While the wise will print ‘em out at home, many won’t, and between all the curtain seats and any left-behind season tickets, the will call booth is gonna be crowded tomorrow. Get there early.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)