Oct 5, 2009, 9:55 AM EDT
“I wrote this speech thinking this was going to be it. It’s not it. You guys went and screwed up my whole speech. We’ve got to come back here on Tuesday and drink some more beer.”
– Kent Hrbek, in what was supposed to be his “goodbye to the Metrodome” speech following yesterday’s victory over the Royals.
In other news, there’s a curtain in the upper deck of the Metrodome that covers thousands of seats they don’t normally open up for baseball. Well, they have opened it up for tomorrow’s playoff, which makes 10,000 more tickets available. Those are all gone, however, and all that are left are the season tickets, which the holders have the option to buy.
Because of the quick turnaround, there is no way for the team to mail out tickets. While the wise will print ‘em out at home, many won’t, and between all the curtain seats and any left-behind season tickets, the will call booth is gonna be crowded tomorrow. Get there early.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)