Oct 6, 2009, 9:55 AM EDT
Never mind that he’d probably be violating 16 different restraining orders simply by showing up in Ohio again:
So what else could be missing from this fine Indians season that ends today? What about a phone call from former Tribe slugger Albert Belle to tie all the loose ends together?
For the third time in the past two years, Belle punched my cellphone
number from his home in Scottsdale, Ariz. As I walked down the dank
visitor’s tunnel at Fenway Park in Boston on Friday, I answered his
call. There was no mistaking the voice on the other end of the line.
“Tell Larry Dolan I won’t be interviewing for the
manager’s job,” said one of the most feared and ill-tempered hitters in
Indians history. “How can you manage when you’ve got no players? This season isn’t the manager’s fault. They traded
away all his players. You can’t win when you trade two Cy Young winners
in CC Sabathia and Cliff Lee. Dolan is getting what he paid for.
Albert Belle may be a violent sociopath, and if he had my cellphone number I’d probably call the FBI or something, but he’s got a decent point about the Tribe.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)