Oct 6, 2009, 9:55 AM EDT
Never mind that he’d probably be violating 16 different restraining orders simply by showing up in Ohio again:
So what else could be missing from this fine Indians season that ends today? What about a phone call from former Tribe slugger Albert Belle to tie all the loose ends together?
For the third time in the past two years, Belle punched my cellphone
number from his home in Scottsdale, Ariz. As I walked down the dank
visitor’s tunnel at Fenway Park in Boston on Friday, I answered his
call. There was no mistaking the voice on the other end of the line.
“Tell Larry Dolan I won’t be interviewing for the
manager’s job,” said one of the most feared and ill-tempered hitters in
Indians history. “How can you manage when you’ve got no players? This season isn’t the manager’s fault. They traded
away all his players. You can’t win when you trade two Cy Young winners
in CC Sabathia and Cliff Lee. Dolan is getting what he paid for.
Albert Belle may be a violent sociopath, and if he had my cellphone number I’d probably call the FBI or something, but he’s got a decent point about the Tribe.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)