Oct 6, 2009, 9:55 AM EDT
Never mind that he’d probably be violating 16 different restraining orders simply by showing up in Ohio again:
So what else could be missing from this fine Indians season that ends today? What about a phone call from former Tribe slugger Albert Belle to tie all the loose ends together?
For the third time in the past two years, Belle punched my cellphone
number from his home in Scottsdale, Ariz. As I walked down the dank
visitor’s tunnel at Fenway Park in Boston on Friday, I answered his
call. There was no mistaking the voice on the other end of the line.
“Tell Larry Dolan I won’t be interviewing for the
manager’s job,” said one of the most feared and ill-tempered hitters in
Indians history. “How can you manage when you’ve got no players? This season isn’t the manager’s fault. They traded
away all his players. You can’t win when you trade two Cy Young winners
in CC Sabathia and Cliff Lee. Dolan is getting what he paid for.
Albert Belle may be a violent sociopath, and if he had my cellphone number I’d probably call the FBI or something, but he’s got a decent point about the Tribe.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)