Oct 6, 2009, 8:55 AM EDT
Last week Aaron noted that former Astros and Pirates pitcher Shawn Chacon was a fugitive. The authorities must have done a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in the area, because they got him:
Authorities say they have arrested former major league pitcher Shawn Chacon at a Colorado bowling alley on charges related to unpaid gambling markers in Nevada. Greeley police say Chacon was arrested Monday night, and booked in the Weld County Jail.
No word on whether Chacon blamed his gambling debts on a one-armed bandit.
OK, that was awful. Sorry.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 28
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 41
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)