Oct 6, 2009, 8:55 AM EDT
Last week Aaron noted that former Astros and Pirates pitcher Shawn Chacon was a fugitive. The authorities must have done a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in the area, because they got him:
Authorities say they have arrested former major league pitcher Shawn Chacon at a Colorado bowling alley on charges related to unpaid gambling markers in Nevada. Greeley police say Chacon was arrested Monday night, and booked in the Weld County Jail.
No word on whether Chacon blamed his gambling debts on a one-armed bandit.
OK, that was awful. Sorry.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)