Oct 6, 2009, 8:55 AM EST
Last week Aaron noted that former Astros and Pirates pitcher Shawn Chacon was a fugitive. The authorities must have done a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in the area, because they got him:
Authorities say they have arrested former major league pitcher Shawn Chacon at a Colorado bowling alley on charges related to unpaid gambling markers in Nevada. Greeley police say Chacon was arrested Monday night, and booked in the Weld County Jail.
No word on whether Chacon blamed his gambling debts on a one-armed bandit.
OK, that was awful. Sorry.
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 0
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 3
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 23
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 33
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 86
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)