Oct 6, 2009, 9:25 AM EDT
“I can’t believe that. He’s done a remarkably great job
over there. Fredi can do a little bit of everything. He’s
knowledgeable, great communicator, disciplines well . . . he’s got a lot of
stuff in his favor. That’s the biggest surprise I’ve had all season.”
Gonzalez was the Braves’ third base coach before taking the Florida job. Based on Cox’s reaction, there is every reason to think that he’d find a job pretty quickly with the Braves if Jeff Loria decides to fire him. The same Braves team who is in need of a replacement for Bobby Cox following the 2010 season.
I have no idea why the Marlins repeatedly alienate good managers, but how hilarious would it be to see ex-Marlin manager Joe Girardi win the 2009 World Series with the Yankees and ex-Marlin Fredi
Gonzalez win it in 2010 and 2011 as the Braves’ bench coach
and manager, respectively?
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy