Oct 6, 2009, 9:25 AM EST
“I can’t believe that. He’s done a remarkably great job
over there. Fredi can do a little bit of everything. He’s
knowledgeable, great communicator, disciplines well . . . he’s got a lot of
stuff in his favor. That’s the biggest surprise I’ve had all season.”
Gonzalez was the Braves’ third base coach before taking the Florida job. Based on Cox’s reaction, there is every reason to think that he’d find a job pretty quickly with the Braves if Jeff Loria decides to fire him. The same Braves team who is in need of a replacement for Bobby Cox following the 2010 season.
I have no idea why the Marlins repeatedly alienate good managers, but how hilarious would it be to see ex-Marlin manager Joe Girardi win the 2009 World Series with the Yankees and ex-Marlin Fredi
Gonzalez win it in 2010 and 2011 as the Braves’ bench coach
and manager, respectively?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (98)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)