Oct 6, 2009, 6:02 PM EDT
The Colorado Rockies got some bad news on Tuesday, as Jorge De La Rosa will miss the NLDS vs. the Phillies because of an injured groin.
“Our medical people had been working on him over the last couple days and his groin is about the same as it was when we had to remove him from the game Saturday night in Los Angeles,” Rockies manager Jim Tracy said.
De La Rosa had a horrible start to the season as he lost his first six decisions, but managed to win 16 games after June 1, finishing 16-9 with a 4.38 ERA. Furthermore, he was the only left-handed starter in the Rockies rotation that must face a potent and lefty-heavy Phillies lineup.
Tracy said it was possible De La Rosa could return for the NLCS. But that doesn’t bode well for a team already facing an uphill battle against the defending champions.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 0
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)