Oct 6, 2009, 6:02 PM EDT
The Colorado Rockies got some bad news on Tuesday, as Jorge De La Rosa will miss the NLDS vs. the Phillies because of an injured groin.
“Our medical people had been working on him over the last couple days and his groin is about the same as it was when we had to remove him from the game Saturday night in Los Angeles,” Rockies manager Jim Tracy said.
De La Rosa had a horrible start to the season as he lost his first six decisions, but managed to win 16 games after June 1, finishing 16-9 with a 4.38 ERA. Furthermore, he was the only left-handed starter in the Rockies rotation that must face a potent and lefty-heavy Phillies lineup.
Tracy said it was possible De La Rosa could return for the NLCS. But that doesn’t bode well for a team already facing an uphill battle against the defending champions.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)