Oct 7, 2009, 9:55 AM EST
Not because of the baseball, but because of the weather:
Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 73. Breezy, with a west wind between 20 and 24 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 52. Breezy, with a west wind between 11 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph.
According to ‘Zop over at BTF, west winds at Yankee Stadium blow out to center. That sound you hear is Brian Duensing and CC Sabathia sobbing sadly in anticipation.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)