Oct 7, 2009, 9:55 AM EST
Not because of the baseball, but because of the weather:
Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 73. Breezy, with a west wind between 20 and 24 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 52. Breezy, with a west wind between 11 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph.
According to ‘Zop over at BTF, west winds at Yankee Stadium blow out to center. That sound you hear is Brian Duensing and CC Sabathia sobbing sadly in anticipation.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 6
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 12
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 25
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)