Oct 7, 2009, 10:55 AM EDT
Los Angeles Times’ columnist Steve Lopez will have two sweet tickets on the third base line of Dodger Stadium if the boys in blue make it to the World Series. He can’t bear to use them, however, because he really, really hates Manny Ramirez. If you want them for free they’re yours. At least if you can prove that you hate Manny just as much as Lopez does:
Maybe I’ll be in a more forgiving mood next year and return to the ballpark, I just don’t know. But I’m giving my World Series tickets this year to the person who writes my favorite 50-word sermon to Ramirez.
Go ahead, let him have it. I’m ticked off that I might have to miss the World Series because of him. I’ll give you the tickets and they’re yours to use.
Based on the comments I’ve received in the past, I know there are a lot of folks around here who aren’t fans of Manny. All of you should enter this contest, because based on how played-out, half-assed and warmed over Lopez’s complaints about Ramirez are, I’m sure you could utterly blow his mind if you really set out to bring the noise.
Entries should be directed to the comments section here. They must be received by noon Pacific time on Friday. Good luck!
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 26
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 27
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)