Oct 7, 2009, 10:55 AM EDT
Los Angeles Times’ columnist Steve Lopez will have two sweet tickets on the third base line of Dodger Stadium if the boys in blue make it to the World Series. He can’t bear to use them, however, because he really, really hates Manny Ramirez. If you want them for free they’re yours. At least if you can prove that you hate Manny just as much as Lopez does:
Maybe I’ll be in a more forgiving mood next year and return to the ballpark, I just don’t know. But I’m giving my World Series tickets this year to the person who writes my favorite 50-word sermon to Ramirez.
Go ahead, let him have it. I’m ticked off that I might have to miss the World Series because of him. I’ll give you the tickets and they’re yours to use.
Based on the comments I’ve received in the past, I know there are a lot of folks around here who aren’t fans of Manny. All of you should enter this contest, because based on how played-out, half-assed and warmed over Lopez’s complaints about Ramirez are, I’m sure you could utterly blow his mind if you really set out to bring the noise.
Entries should be directed to the comments section here. They must be received by noon Pacific time on Friday. Good luck!
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 37
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)