Oct 7, 2009, 10:55 AM EDT
Los Angeles Times’ columnist Steve Lopez will have two sweet tickets on the third base line of Dodger Stadium if the boys in blue make it to the World Series. He can’t bear to use them, however, because he really, really hates Manny Ramirez. If you want them for free they’re yours. At least if you can prove that you hate Manny just as much as Lopez does:
Maybe I’ll be in a more forgiving mood next year and return to the ballpark, I just don’t know. But I’m giving my World Series tickets this year to the person who writes my favorite 50-word sermon to Ramirez.
Go ahead, let him have it. I’m ticked off that I might have to miss the World Series because of him. I’ll give you the tickets and they’re yours to use.
Based on the comments I’ve received in the past, I know there are a lot of folks around here who aren’t fans of Manny. All of you should enter this contest, because based on how played-out, half-assed and warmed over Lopez’s complaints about Ramirez are, I’m sure you could utterly blow his mind if you really set out to bring the noise.
Entries should be directed to the comments section here. They must be received by noon Pacific time on Friday. Good luck!
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 83
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 149
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 11
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (149)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)