Want World Series Tickets? Just hate on Manny

Oct 7, 2009, 10:55 AM EDT

Los Angeles Times’ columnist Steve Lopez will have two sweet tickets on the third base line of Dodger Stadium if the boys in blue make it to the World Series. He can’t bear to use them, however, because he really, really hates Manny Ramirez. If you want them for free they’re yours.  At least if you can prove that you hate Manny just as much as Lopez does:

Maybe I’ll be in a more forgiving mood next year and return to the ballpark, I just don’t know. But I’m giving my World Series tickets this year to the person who writes my favorite 50-word sermon to Ramirez.

Go ahead, let him have it. I’m ticked off that I might have to miss the World Series because of him.  I’ll give you the tickets and they’re yours to use.

Based on the comments I’ve received in the past, I know there are a lot of folks around here who aren’t fans of Manny. All of you should enter this contest, because based on how played-out, half-assed and warmed over Lopez’s complaints about Ramirez are, I’m sure you could utterly blow his mind if you really set out to bring the noise.

Entries should be directed to the comments section here.  They must be received by noon Pacific time on Friday.  Good luck!

1. Plub - Oct 7, 2009 at 11:36 AM

this publicity stunt for attention by Stevie Lopez is as dumb as the Jonathan Roy fight http://bit.ly/royfight
    see – i can make dumb references too.

2. PSB - Oct 7, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Manny being Manny, hustling is too tough, I’ll jog. $20M isn’t enough, I’ll opt out to get $25M. Extreme talent isn’t enough; I’ll cheat along with teammates. When confronted, I’m not accountable. Perfect role model for a declining moral system. Take Manny being Manny and his prima donna behavior.

3. Jonathan - Oct 7, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Manny? Is he still around?

4. Malcohm McGregor - Oct 7, 2009 at 4:23 PM

I had the displeasure of watching Manny during the 2008 season when he was still with the Red Sox. Manny was pouting about his contract and failed to perform on the field. His selfish attitude cheated his teamates and baseball fans. Good and honorable baseball player’s performance stats were sacrifised by this despicable man. I can’t believe that this type of player was welcomed with open arms by the Dodgers and Dodger fans. It is extremely difficult to become a major league baseball player and to have one of your own teamates submarine your efforts is beyond evil. Let the Dodgers have him. I would be more than happly to be at any stadium to watch Manny go 0-for and to watch him loaf after balls hit in the outfield. He can do so many things to help his team lose. He hasn’t done too much since his 50 game suspension, maybe it is difficult for him to perform when he is not juiced.

5. Jimsjam33 - Oct 7, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Manny Ramirez listen up ,
    I don’t like a baseball player that smokes Cuban cigars and drinks Rattlesnake flavored tequila that kids want to imitate . I loathe the cheat that injects human growth hormones to get that little extra oomph to beat down opposing pitchers and hit fungo distance home runs and then gets a standing ovation . You’re a slimmy bunkshooter interloper mercenary that has disgraced Dodger Blue and the greatest baseball city in America , Los Angeles !

6. ADAM - Oct 7, 2009 at 4:47 PM

I am a life long Yankees fan, and have hated manny for years. My father (who is a red soxs fan) would tell me how great he is right before her would make an idiotic play in left. He is now and has always been some one who doesn’t play to his full potential and gets a way with it. Not to mention the fact that until this year has managed to take month off at the end of the season even if his team could use his bat. The other reason why I hate Manny should be obvious. Watching him and Ortiz take away the Yankees bid at a WS is enough for me to hate him for the rest of my life. In short, he is to me, what Bucky Dent and Aaron Boone are to my father.

7. Barbara Gould - Oct 8, 2009 at 1:09 AM

Manny, grow up. When your manager tells you to cut your hair, do it. When you are getting paid to play, play. No more nonsense excuses. Be a team player. Follow the rules. Sure you can hit and run when you want to, but that’s not good enough. No drugs!
    (This is my 50 word sermon to Manny. To prove my hate for Manny, I do not want the tickets. I don’t care to watch him. Give them to Malcom MacGregor; he said it all!)

8. stu - Oct 8, 2009 at 6:26 AM

I am from Boston, had the pleasure of watching Manny being Manny for years. He was with them for 2 world series championships. I just wanted to tell you that he is really a spoiled brat. He wants what he wants, gets what he wants, and never gives back to either the team, or the fans.
    I would love to go to the game, just so we could boo Manny. It would be just like old times…

9. Jackson - Oct 8, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I am nine. Manny teaches me what NOT to do: He hits homeruns like he thinks he invented them. He gave up on his team. I would never punch a guy on my team. He lies about being hurt. Manny doesn’t appreciate his fans,including veterans. That’s a professional?!?

The Jon Lester-Yoenis Cespedes trade is a win-win