Oct 10, 2009, 12:55 PM EDT
Saturday’s Game 3 between the Phillies and Rockies was postponed due to cold weather and snow, leaving the remaining three games in the NLDS series to be played Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
The extra day off would seem to be of clear benefit of the Phillies. They will now bring back Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels on regular rest in Games 4 and 5 of the series. The Rockies can and should do the same, bypassing Jason Marquis in order to throw Ubaldo Jimenez on Monday and Aaron Cook on Tuesday.
It’s Pedro Martinez who figures to end up disappointed. The Phillies named him their Game 3 starter after using both Joe Blanton and J.A. Happ in relief on Thursday. Now that there’s going to be two days off, rather than one, headed into Game 3, both pitchers are again in position to start and one of the two figures to trump Martinez. Despite suffering a bruised leg Thursday, Happ would seem to be the better option against the lefty heavy Colorado lineup.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (97)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional