Oct 11, 2009, 3:06 PM EDT
I don’t mean to pick on Mark Newman of MLB.com, but he probably could have used another set of eyes before pushing this one through:
A TV reporter asked Joe Torre if that was the most he had ever been soaked by his own players in such a joyous moment.
“No, the Yankees in ’96,” the Dodgers’ manager said matter-of-factly.
“I don’t even remember, that’s so long ago, but that was the first one
there for such a long time.”
I’d like to say that this sounds more appropriate in context, but it doesn’t.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11