Oct 11, 2009, 3:06 PM EDT
I don’t mean to pick on Mark Newman of MLB.com, but he probably could have used another set of eyes before pushing this one through:
A TV reporter asked Joe Torre if that was the most he had ever been soaked by his own players in such a joyous moment.
“No, the Yankees in ’96,” the Dodgers’ manager said matter-of-factly.
“I don’t even remember, that’s so long ago, but that was the first one
there for such a long time.”
I’d like to say that this sounds more appropriate in context, but it doesn’t.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)