Oct 12, 2009, 9:55 AM EDT
Considering the current state of the Padres, it’s an easy guess
that whomever CEO Jeff Moorad selects as the new GM will be lauding
Towers’ efforts for years to come . . . the Padres’ new GM will
walk into one of the most promising setups in baseball. The Padres have only $12 million in guaranteed money
committed for 2010 after Towers unloaded Jake Peavy’s $56 million
contract. The pitching staff was completely overhauled through the
trades of Peavy and Scott Hairston and several other minor
deals. The 40-man roster is loaded with affordable, controllable
Wow, that is great. So can someone please explain to me why the architect of that got fired again?
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy