Oct 12, 2009, 9:26 AM EST
The Cardinals simply didn’t show up against the Dodgers. Not that this is anything new for Yadier Molina if a recently-filed lawsuit is to be believed:
Yadier Molina of the St. Louis Cardinals has plenty of free time on his hands now that his team is out of the
playoffs — and he might be spending some of that time in a courtroom.
According to lawsuit filed in New York, Molina — who is widely considered to be the best defensive catcher in baseball — is being sued by Steiner Sports Marketing for allegedly taking $90,660 to do autograph events … then never showing up to do them.
Steiner is seeking damages in excess of $175,000.
Sure, people always inflate their damages demand, but unless a mob of hardcore, heartbroken Yadier Molina fans set fires and turned cars over after his no-shows, I’m guessing they aren’t going to get $175,000.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 272
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (275)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)