Oct 14, 2009, 8:55 AM EDT
Seeing how badly I whiffed when I tried to handicap the Dodgers-Cardinals series last week, particularly when it came to my assessment of the Dodgers’ rotation, I think I’m going to get out out of the prognostication business and merely pass along information about that kind of thing and let history take its course. Things like this:
Manager Joe Torre said Hiroki Kuroda could join the
Dodgers’ playoff roster and start against the Philadelphia Phillies
depending on how he feels today after pitching a simulated game Tuesday
in Peoria, Ariz.
Sidelined for the division series because of a
bulging disk in his neck, Kuroda completed five innings in 49 pitches
while facing minor leaguers before throwing an additional 21 pitches in
the bullpen. He reported no complaints about his neck.
That simulated game was actually yesterday, and according to True Blue L.A., he threw 75 pitches, over which Joe Torre said he had “surprisingly good” command.
Given his solid start against the Cardinals, Vicente Padilla has to be a definite, as does Kershaw and Wolf. Assuming, as is likely, that Kuroda can go, that would presumably mean that Chad Billingsley would slide to the pen and Jon Garland would be off the NLCS roster entirely.
In light of Padilla’s emergence and the return of Kuroda, a rotation that looked to be a weakness in the NLDS — at least to morons like me — now shapes up to be a strength against the Phillies.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)