Oct 15, 2009, 10:14 AM EST
Yankees manager Joe Girardi said that the possibility of showers affecting Games 1 and 2 is playing into the decision-making process regarding New York’s starting rotation for the second round . . . New York plans to pitch CC Sabathia in Game 1 and A.J. Burnett in Game 2. A potential rainout would likely force the Yankees to use a fourth starter, setting up Joba Chamberlain or Chad Gaudin to pitch Game 4 at Anaheim.
Given how he’s gone recently, pressing Joba into service harms both the Yankees’ rotation and their bullpen. In contrast, the Angels have depth in their rotation. Unless rain showers make old man Guerrero’s trick knee act up, a postponement helps Anaheim.
At press time, the forecast calls for a 90% chance of rain tomorrow, with the high a delightful 45 degrees. There’s a 70% chance of the same business Saturday and a 40% chance on what would be makeup day, Joba Chamberlain-start Sunday.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)