Oct 15, 2009, 10:14 AM EDT
Yankees manager Joe Girardi said that the possibility of showers affecting Games 1 and 2 is playing into the decision-making process regarding New York’s starting rotation for the second round . . . New York plans to pitch CC Sabathia in Game 1 and A.J. Burnett in Game 2. A potential rainout would likely force the Yankees to use a fourth starter, setting up Joba Chamberlain or Chad Gaudin to pitch Game 4 at Anaheim.
Given how he’s gone recently, pressing Joba into service harms both the Yankees’ rotation and their bullpen. In contrast, the Angels have depth in their rotation. Unless rain showers make old man Guerrero’s trick knee act up, a postponement helps Anaheim.
At press time, the forecast calls for a 90% chance of rain tomorrow, with the high a delightful 45 degrees. There’s a 70% chance of the same business Saturday and a 40% chance on what would be makeup day, Joba Chamberlain-start Sunday.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 23
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 25
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)