Oct 15, 2009, 10:14 AM EDT
Yankees manager Joe Girardi said that the possibility of showers affecting Games 1 and 2 is playing into the decision-making process regarding New York’s starting rotation for the second round . . . New York plans to pitch CC Sabathia in Game 1 and A.J. Burnett in Game 2. A potential rainout would likely force the Yankees to use a fourth starter, setting up Joba Chamberlain or Chad Gaudin to pitch Game 4 at Anaheim.
Given how he’s gone recently, pressing Joba into service harms both the Yankees’ rotation and their bullpen. In contrast, the Angels have depth in their rotation. Unless rain showers make old man Guerrero’s trick knee act up, a postponement helps Anaheim.
At press time, the forecast calls for a 90% chance of rain tomorrow, with the high a delightful 45 degrees. There’s a 70% chance of the same business Saturday and a 40% chance on what would be makeup day, Joba Chamberlain-start Sunday.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)