Shocking! A-Rod uses time off for travel, dating, visiting children

Oct 15, 2009, 12:44 PM EST

Page 6 of the New York Post provides a few details on how Alex Rodriguez has spent the long layoff between ALDS and ALCS:

What are a few thousand miles to a man in love? Alex Rodriguez flew from New York to Miami for one night to wine and dine Kate Hudson at Prime 112 in South Beach, where he chatted up the Mets’ Carlos Beltran at a neighboring table.

Diners were shocked to see the Yankee slugger there with the championship series just days away. But A-Rod’s ex-wife, Cynthia, and their two daughters live in Miami, and Alex also wanted to see his kids.

Diners may have been “shocked” to see Rodriguez and anything A-Rod no doubt still sells newspapers even if he’s managed to silence the clutch-related criticisms for a while, but New York to Miami isn’t exactly a lengthy trek for someone who flies constantly for his job, it sounds like he travels to Florida quite a bit to visit his children, and I’m guessing that most of his Yankees teammates probably didn’t spend the entire layoff locked inside of a batting cage. You know, unless they’re into that type of thing.

1. peteinfla - Oct 15, 2009 at 1:20 PM

SHOCKED!?????
    WTF! Why are you even reporting this non-story. Hell, I’d WALK thousands of miles to spend a night with Kate Hudson! And imagine him wanting to spend some time with his children! What a bastard.
    Why don’t you report on some really hard hitting news like what he had as an appetizer? Or dessert? Did he pair red wine with poultry? Come on now, why would you even bother to reference anything from page six of the NY POST, a rag of a paper that makes the National Enquirer look like the Wall Street Journal.
    Isn’t the real story here the ridiculous schedule presented by MLB?One strictly made with only the TV ratings in mind, not the players, teams or fans? Or is that to big a foe for you to take on? Really, now this is dissapointing even for a blog.
    I realize that you are trying to say the same thing, that this is a non-story, but aren’t you fostering this? Some things just don’t need to be written about.

2. James - Oct 15, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Um, I think he was writing this tongue-in-cheek…

3. Booner - Oct 15, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Just for the record, I’ll take the lesser known Minka Kelly over the over-hyped Kate Hudson any day of the week. Just sayin!

4. BCTF - Oct 15, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Pete,
    Did you even read the story. Try reading the story before you jump down someones throat.

5. peteinfla - Oct 15, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Ok, BCTF, you are right. Somehow I missed the point and I was wrong in my response. Aaron, I apologize for jumping here – I guess I have to switch to decaf.

6. Mo Green - Oct 16, 2009 at 8:55 AM

ARod needs to take a lesson from Jeet in the females department. Kate Hudson is not aging gracefully, and she spent all that time with Chris Robinson. Ugh.
    If ARod hadn’t talked trash about Jeet all those years ago, he’d have access to all of the Captain’s torn out pages in his little black book, and wouldn’t be doing this odd crypt-robbing routine.

7. chicken coop - Jan 21, 2010 at 8:18 AM

deffinatley going to share this post on my twitter.

8. Miquel Fernandez - Feb 24, 2010 at 3:58 AM

Good posting, I favorited your blog post so I can visit again in the near future, Cheers

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5663)