Oct 15, 2009, 12:44 PM EST
Page 6 of the New York Post provides a few details on how Alex Rodriguez has spent the long layoff between ALDS and ALCS:
What are a few thousand miles to a man in love? Alex Rodriguez flew from New York to Miami for one night to wine and dine Kate Hudson at Prime 112 in South Beach, where he chatted up the Mets’ Carlos Beltran at a neighboring table.
Diners were shocked to see the Yankee slugger there with the championship series just days away. But A-Rod’s ex-wife, Cynthia, and their two daughters live in Miami, and Alex also wanted to see his kids.
Diners may have been “shocked” to see Rodriguez and anything A-Rod no doubt still sells newspapers even if he’s managed to silence the clutch-related criticisms for a while, but New York to Miami isn’t exactly a lengthy trek for someone who flies constantly for his job, it sounds like he travels to Florida quite a bit to visit his children, and I’m guessing that most of his Yankees teammates probably didn’t spend the entire layoff locked inside of a batting cage. You know, unless they’re into that type of thing.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 62
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4