Oct 15, 2009, 12:44 PM EDT
Page 6 of the New York Post provides a few details on how Alex Rodriguez has spent the long layoff between ALDS and ALCS:
What are a few thousand miles to a man in love? Alex Rodriguez flew from New York to Miami for one night to wine and dine Kate Hudson at Prime 112 in South Beach, where he chatted up the Mets’ Carlos Beltran at a neighboring table.
Diners were shocked to see the Yankee slugger there with the championship series just days away. But A-Rod’s ex-wife, Cynthia, and their two daughters live in Miami, and Alex also wanted to see his kids.
Diners may have been “shocked” to see Rodriguez and anything A-Rod no doubt still sells newspapers even if he’s managed to silence the clutch-related criticisms for a while, but New York to Miami isn’t exactly a lengthy trek for someone who flies constantly for his job, it sounds like he travels to Florida quite a bit to visit his children, and I’m guessing that most of his Yankees teammates probably didn’t spend the entire layoff locked inside of a batting cage. You know, unless they’re into that type of thing.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 3
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 16
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)