Oct 15, 2009, 12:44 PM EDT
Page 6 of the New York Post provides a few details on how Alex Rodriguez has spent the long layoff between ALDS and ALCS:
What are a few thousand miles to a man in love? Alex Rodriguez flew from New York to Miami for one night to wine and dine Kate Hudson at Prime 112 in South Beach, where he chatted up the Mets’ Carlos Beltran at a neighboring table.
Diners were shocked to see the Yankee slugger there with the championship series just days away. But A-Rod’s ex-wife, Cynthia, and their two daughters live in Miami, and Alex also wanted to see his kids.
Diners may have been “shocked” to see Rodriguez and anything A-Rod no doubt still sells newspapers even if he’s managed to silence the clutch-related criticisms for a while, but New York to Miami isn’t exactly a lengthy trek for someone who flies constantly for his job, it sounds like he travels to Florida quite a bit to visit his children, and I’m guessing that most of his Yankees teammates probably didn’t spend the entire layoff locked inside of a batting cage. You know, unless they’re into that type of thing.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)