Oct 15, 2009, 8:55 AM EDT
The cash-strapped Rangers just need a little loan to tide ‘em over. They’ll get you back at the end of the month, they swear. Tim Cowlishaw:
I found out
Wednesday that those who had enough faith in the team to buy playoff
tickets have been told via e-mail that those refunds won’t be coming
until sometime in November, possibly not even early November because
“the money is tied up with MLB.”
I have some sympathy if the Dodgers run into some financial trouble over the next few months because, hey, a marriage is breaking up and that’s sad. The Rangers though? They’re toast because the owner decided to go nuts in questionable real estate deals, get involved in Premier League soccer without knowing all that much about it, and give Alex Rodriguez $100 million more than the next highest offer several years ago.
If I were a Rangers fan I wouldn’t pay for a single thing that wasn’t immediately given to me at the time money changed hands.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)