Oct 16, 2009, 11:19 AM EDT
* No. 1 overall pick Stephen Strasburg will make his Arizona Fall League debut today after pitching five innings for the Nationals’ instructional league team. Barring any injuries, Strasburg seems like a near-lock to be in Washington to stay by the middle of next season.
* Darryl Strawberry will be a contestant on the upcoming season of Celebrity Apprentice, where he’ll compete against the likes of Sharon Osbourne, Sinbad, Cyndi Lauper, and Bret Michaels, plus several people who push the limits of the word “celebrity.” Looking over the respective rosters, there were probably more famous people on the 1986 Mets.
* Fired by the Brewers with a dozen games remaining in 2008, Ned Yost interviewed yesterday for the Astros’ managerial opening. He’s among 10 candidates for the Houston job.
* Meanwhile, the Indians conducted a phone interview earlier this week with former Nationals manager Manny Acta, who said afterward that he’s “excited and honored” to be in the mix for the job.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)