Oct 19, 2009, 9:59 AM EST
After being dropped in the lineup and then being benched way more than a man making what he’s making is usually benched, there was a lot of speculation that the Rockies were going to try to unload Brad Hawpe. Not so, says Dan O’Dowd: “We have no desire to move [Hawpe] at all.”
That vote of confidence may very well save a lot of teams from doing stupid things like trading for Hawpe to be their centerfielder. Whether holding on to him is good move for Colorado is another thing altogether, however.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)