Oct 19, 2009, 10:00 PM EST
Time to get your Mets playoff tickets! Or not.
In an incident that is being played off as a technical error but sounds more like a cruel practical joke, ticket-swapping bazaar StubHub sent out an e-mail on Monday offering tickets for Mets playoff games. Talk about rubbing it in.
“Be there alongside your New York Mets as they chase baseball immortality,” the e-mail said. “Go to StubHub, where you’ll find a fantastic selection of tickets to every playoff game – so you experience the championship chase live and in person.”
The company said that due to an “e-mail glitch,” messages were sent out promoting several teams not involved in the postseason, including the Cubs, of course. (The Cubs had to be included in this didn’t they?)
I’m thinking there are some Yankees fans over at StubHub having some fun with people, pouring salt in the wounds of their poor brethren in Queens. Watch out, they will soon be promoting Red Sox World Series tickets. Just wait.
But an e-mail glitch? If you believe that, I’ve got some nice tickets for you Royals fans. Front row and everything.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)