Oct 19, 2009, 10:00 PM EDT
Time to get your Mets playoff tickets! Or not.
In an incident that is being played off as a technical error but sounds more like a cruel practical joke, ticket-swapping bazaar StubHub sent out an e-mail on Monday offering tickets for Mets playoff games. Talk about rubbing it in.
“Be there alongside your New York Mets as they chase baseball immortality,” the e-mail said. “Go to StubHub, where you’ll find a fantastic selection of tickets to every playoff game – so you experience the championship chase live and in person.”
The company said that due to an “e-mail glitch,” messages were sent out promoting several teams not involved in the postseason, including the Cubs, of course. (The Cubs had to be included in this didn’t they?)
I’m thinking there are some Yankees fans over at StubHub having some fun with people, pouring salt in the wounds of their poor brethren in Queens. Watch out, they will soon be promoting Red Sox World Series tickets. Just wait.
But an e-mail glitch? If you believe that, I’ve got some nice tickets for you Royals fans. Front row and everything.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 3
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 81
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 59
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)