Oct 20, 2009, 9:25 AM EST
Merely picking the Dodgers to win this series brought all manner of Philly fan out of the woodwork to yell at me for disrespecting the champs. The Los Angeles Times’ T.J. Simers, takes things to an entirely new level:
As you know, Fox will be broadcasting the World Series and it likes to put the camera on the face of every single fan sitting in the stands, these fans as ugly as any in the country.
Nowhere in America are people more angry than those living here. During Game 3 they had their humorless furry mascot put on boxing gloves and take on someone who was supposed to be an L.A. fan, sunglasses, cellphone and all. The furry mascot punched him out, much to the delight of the folks here who love a dash of violence with their sports entertainment.
But this is considered entertainment here, the only bright spot if they draw the Yankees now, getting a look in the mirror at fans who might remind them of themselves.
Last week I questioned whether the Philly police were using their time and resources wisely when they drove Cole Hamels to the hospital for the birth of his son. Today, it seems, that they’ll be paying overtime to protect the life and limb of a Los Angeles sportswriter.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)