Oct 20, 2009, 3:21 PM EDT
* Ryan Howard has tied Lou Gehrig as the only players in baseball history with an RBI in eight straight playoff games, although Alex Rodriguez can join them if he knocks in a run tonight.
Gehrig hit .536 with seven homers during his eight-game stretch, and of course did all that damage in the World Series.
* Hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo is reportedly close to signing with the Cubs and becoming the highest paid coach in baseball, which makes his decision to leave the Rangers after 15 seasons on the job look pretty smart financially.
* Carlos Guillen and Jim Leyland have apparently settled their differences, so Guillen is now slated to be the Tigers’ starting left fielder in 2010. Until he gets hurt or Leyland decides he needs to get Ryan Raburn into the lineup, of course.
* Los Angeles bench coach Don Mattingly is among the finalists to become Cleveland’s new manager, but likely won’t be able to officially interview for the job until the Dodgers are out of the postseason.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot