Oct 21, 2009, 12:34 PM EST
ESPN analyst Steve Phillips has reportedly been suspended by the network after details emerged regarding an admitted affair the married, 46-year-old father of four had with a 22-year-old production assistant.
According to the New York Post, the woman repeatedly contacted Phillips’ children and wife, who has since filed for divorce. In a police statement Phillips expressed “extreme concerns about the health and safety of my kids and myself” while calling the woman “obsessive and delusional.”
Phillips was previously accused of sexual harassment and admitted to multiple extramarital affairs while serving as Mets general manager, taking a leave of absence from the team in 1998 and eventually settling the case out of court. He was fired in 2003 and has worked for ESPN since 2005.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15