Oct 22, 2009, 10:25 AM EDT
He’s a finalist in Cleveland and looks to be one of the better candidates the Astros have interviewed, but Jeff Blair of the Globe and Mail thinks that Manny Acta could end up taking the Blue Jays’ job due to his relationship with new Jays assistant GM Dana Brown and a more than passing professional acquaintance with GM Alex Anthopoulos.
Of course Cito Gaston is still technically the manager of the Jays, but based on the stuff we heard as the season was winding down, that may not be the case for long.
After the last few years in Washington, who would have thunk that Acta would be in such demand this winter?
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 0
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 43
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)