Oct 22, 2009, 10:25 AM EDT
He’s a finalist in Cleveland and looks to be one of the better candidates the Astros have interviewed, but Jeff Blair of the Globe and Mail thinks that Manny Acta could end up taking the Blue Jays’ job due to his relationship with new Jays assistant GM Dana Brown and a more than passing professional acquaintance with GM Alex Anthopoulos.
Of course Cito Gaston is still technically the manager of the Jays, but based on the stuff we heard as the season was winding down, that may not be the case for long.
After the last few years in Washington, who would have thunk that Acta would be in such demand this winter?
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 112
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (113)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (100)