Oct 22, 2009, 10:25 AM EDT
He’s a finalist in Cleveland and looks to be one of the better candidates the Astros have interviewed, but Jeff Blair of the Globe and Mail thinks that Manny Acta could end up taking the Blue Jays’ job due to his relationship with new Jays assistant GM Dana Brown and a more than passing professional acquaintance with GM Alex Anthopoulos.
Of course Cito Gaston is still technically the manager of the Jays, but based on the stuff we heard as the season was winding down, that may not be the case for long.
After the last few years in Washington, who would have thunk that Acta would be in such demand this winter?
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)