Oct 22, 2009, 10:25 AM EST
He’s a finalist in Cleveland and looks to be one of the better candidates the Astros have interviewed, but Jeff Blair of the Globe and Mail thinks that Manny Acta could end up taking the Blue Jays’ job due to his relationship with new Jays assistant GM Dana Brown and a more than passing professional acquaintance with GM Alex Anthopoulos.
Of course Cito Gaston is still technically the manager of the Jays, but based on the stuff we heard as the season was winding down, that may not be the case for long.
After the last few years in Washington, who would have thunk that Acta would be in such demand this winter?
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)