Oct 22, 2009, 8:55 AM EDT
I’m assuming Aaron knew this, but I find it neat to learn that Joe Mauer’s older brother Jake, a former twins farmhand himself, is a manager in the Twins’ organization. And an up-and-coming one to boot. He was named Manager of the Year in the Gulf Coast League this season and was just promoted to the Florida State League to take over the Class-A Fort Meyers team.
At 31, he’s obviously a managerial prospect with a future. Maybe even a Major League future, especially if his brother re-signs with the big club.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)