Oct 22, 2009, 8:55 AM EDT
I’m assuming Aaron knew this, but I find it neat to learn that Joe Mauer’s older brother Jake, a former twins farmhand himself, is a manager in the Twins’ organization. And an up-and-coming one to boot. He was named Manager of the Year in the Gulf Coast League this season and was just promoted to the Florida State League to take over the Class-A Fort Meyers team.
At 31, he’s obviously a managerial prospect with a future. Maybe even a Major League future, especially if his brother re-signs with the big club.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 129
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (145)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (101)