Oct 22, 2009, 8:55 AM EST
I’m assuming Aaron knew this, but I find it neat to learn that Joe Mauer’s older brother Jake, a former twins farmhand himself, is a manager in the Twins’ organization. And an up-and-coming one to boot. He was named Manager of the Year in the Gulf Coast League this season and was just promoted to the Florida State League to take over the Class-A Fort Meyers team.
At 31, he’s obviously a managerial prospect with a future. Maybe even a Major League future, especially if his brother re-signs with the big club.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 43
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 168
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)