Oct 22, 2009, 8:55 AM EDT
I’m assuming Aaron knew this, but I find it neat to learn that Joe Mauer’s older brother Jake, a former twins farmhand himself, is a manager in the Twins’ organization. And an up-and-coming one to boot. He was named Manager of the Year in the Gulf Coast League this season and was just promoted to the Florida State League to take over the Class-A Fort Meyers team.
At 31, he’s obviously a managerial prospect with a future. Maybe even a Major League future, especially if his brother re-signs with the big club.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)