Oct 22, 2009, 8:55 AM EST
I’m assuming Aaron knew this, but I find it neat to learn that Joe Mauer’s older brother Jake, a former twins farmhand himself, is a manager in the Twins’ organization. And an up-and-coming one to boot. He was named Manager of the Year in the Gulf Coast League this season and was just promoted to the Florida State League to take over the Class-A Fort Meyers team.
At 31, he’s obviously a managerial prospect with a future. Maybe even a Major League future, especially if his brother re-signs with the big club.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)