Oct 24, 2009, 3:53 PM EDT
With inclement weather expected in the Bronx, Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that MLB is in discussions with the Yankees and Angels to call Saturday’s game before the gates open at Yankee Stadium.
The forecast is clear for Sunday and
Monday, so the teams would be wise to go ahead and cancel this thing
before it messes with their pitching staffs. Of course, pushing Andy
Pettitte and Joe Saunders back even one day would be ideal for Phillies
fans. If they could get CC Sabathia and Jered Weaver or John Lackey in
Game 7, even better.
(5:11 pm ET) Update: The lights are on and the gates are open as it looks like they’ll try to get this one in. Nick Swisher will start in right field.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 8
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 94
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (95)