Oct 24, 2009, 3:53 PM EDT
With inclement weather expected in the Bronx, Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that MLB is in discussions with the Yankees and Angels to call Saturday’s game before the gates open at Yankee Stadium.
The forecast is clear for Sunday and
Monday, so the teams would be wise to go ahead and cancel this thing
before it messes with their pitching staffs. Of course, pushing Andy
Pettitte and Joe Saunders back even one day would be ideal for Phillies
fans. If they could get CC Sabathia and Jered Weaver or John Lackey in
Game 7, even better.
(5:11 pm ET) Update: The lights are on and the gates are open as it looks like they’ll try to get this one in. Nick Swisher will start in right field.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 12
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 16
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 12
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 58
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)