Oct 24, 2009, 3:53 PM EDT
With inclement weather expected in the Bronx, Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that MLB is in discussions with the Yankees and Angels to call Saturday’s game before the gates open at Yankee Stadium.
The forecast is clear for Sunday and
Monday, so the teams would be wise to go ahead and cancel this thing
before it messes with their pitching staffs. Of course, pushing Andy
Pettitte and Joe Saunders back even one day would be ideal for Phillies
fans. If they could get CC Sabathia and Jered Weaver or John Lackey in
Game 7, even better.
(5:11 pm ET) Update: The lights are on and the gates are open as it looks like they’ll try to get this one in. Nick Swisher will start in right field.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 51
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)