Oct 24, 2009, 3:53 PM EDT
With inclement weather expected in the Bronx, Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that MLB is in discussions with the Yankees and Angels to call Saturday’s game before the gates open at Yankee Stadium.
The forecast is clear for Sunday and
Monday, so the teams would be wise to go ahead and cancel this thing
before it messes with their pitching staffs. Of course, pushing Andy
Pettitte and Joe Saunders back even one day would be ideal for Phillies
fans. If they could get CC Sabathia and Jered Weaver or John Lackey in
Game 7, even better.
(5:11 pm ET) Update: The lights are on and the gates are open as it looks like they’ll try to get this one in. Nick Swisher will start in right field.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 18
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 13
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 49
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 77
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)