Oct 24, 2009, 3:53 PM EDT
With inclement weather expected in the Bronx, Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that MLB is in discussions with the Yankees and Angels to call Saturday’s game before the gates open at Yankee Stadium.
The forecast is clear for Sunday and
Monday, so the teams would be wise to go ahead and cancel this thing
before it messes with their pitching staffs. Of course, pushing Andy
Pettitte and Joe Saunders back even one day would be ideal for Phillies
fans. If they could get CC Sabathia and Jered Weaver or John Lackey in
Game 7, even better.
(5:11 pm ET) Update: The lights are on and the gates are open as it looks like they’ll try to get this one in. Nick Swisher will start in right field.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)