It's Saunders (and possibly everybody else) in Game 6

Oct 25, 2009, 9:28 AM EDT

Saturday’s postponement gave manager
Mike Scioscia an opportunity to start Jered Weaver on regular rest,
however he will go ahead with Joe Saunders, as scheduled, against Andy
Pettitte. Saunders allowed two runs over seven innings as part of a
no-decision in Game 2.

With their backs against the wall, it will be all hands on deck for the Angels. John Lackey, Jered Weaver, Scott Kazmir and Ervin Santana will all be available out of the bullpen, if necessary.

It’s going to give us some more options to look at, absolutely,” Scioscia
said. “We’ll have our whole staff out there tomorrow. Lackey is still
in play tomorrow. We’ll get through Game 6. There’s no sense talking
about a Game 7.”

Though Lackey is available in Game
6, Scioscia will surely try to save his horse for a possible Game 7.
The Angels still have some work to do, but it’s pretty clear who will
get the call if there’s a decisive game, at least according to Weaver.

“Yeah, I would think so,” he said. “That’s our horse. He’s a guy who
loves pitching in big games. We all do. He’s obviously had a little
more experience in that regard. Whatever they do that’s best for the
team, I’m good with that.”

1. Timothy Shields - Oct 25, 2009 at 4:39 PM

If I was a gambler (and I’m not), my bet would be Yankees beat the Angles tonight.

2. Richard Alden - Oct 25, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Get some umpires that can make some decent calls instead of that group of keystone cops they have in there now. They are about as usless as you know what on a Bull steer.

3. DYLAN RIVIS - Oct 25, 2009 at 4:55 PM

I’m glad that people are waking up to the fact that baseball, the way it is refereed, is laughable.I can’t count the number of times a double play has been called when the fielder is nowhere near 2nd base.Either there IS a rule or there is NOT a rule – otherwise it’s open to bribery and pandering to the media.
    As far as pitching is concerned- have you ever asked yourself why, if they can bring up the box to show whether a pitch is in or out, they don’t do it all the time ? I think it’s because they don’t want the spectators to realize how often strikes are called wrongly, calls which can greatly influence a game’s results.
    Both teams and spectators deserve ACCURATE ADJUDICATION.
    BRING ON VIDEO RECALL !!!

4. Lin - Oct 25, 2009 at 5:17 PM

They only have veteran umps in tonights game…that should eliminate any bad calls..hopefully!!!

5. Lin - Oct 25, 2009 at 5:18 PM

With Andy on the mound and being home, I’d bet they win…It’s their time and it’s their turf…Yanks will be in the World Series!!!!! and the Yanks will win the World Series!!!!!!

6. RUDY RIMANDO - Oct 25, 2009 at 5:24 PM

The video do not choose a team, more accurate than a human’s eyes, cannot not and do not lie of course, do not go on strike to ask for a pay raise and cannot suspend manager while the game is going on!.DEFINITELY, BRING ON VIDEO RECALL!

7. douglas setzer - Oct 25, 2009 at 5:26 PM

good thing youre not a gambler cuz you’d be broke, shields.

8. Spezio - Oct 25, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Angels 6, Yankees 0 Game 6 score.
    Angels 8, Yankees 2 Game 7 score. Have a good winter A-roid. Your cousin waits with some good clear in Miami.
    Angels in 6 vs the Phillies. Clip and save.
    Now aren’t you sorry you signed with the Bronx Bombs Tex?

9. John - Oct 25, 2009 at 7:45 PM

ANGELS IN SEVEN!!! MARK MY WORDS!!!

10. Mariann Pepitone - Oct 25, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I believe the Angels will win game 6 tonight and will go on to win game 7 the World Series. The Yankees have won more World Series than any team in history and it would be nice to see a different team win every year.

11. Philly John - Oct 25, 2009 at 8:05 PM

I’m looking for the Angels to puch it to a game 7 with the Yankees winning. THe Phillies will take the Yankees in 5 games.
    As to instant replay, what do you want 5 hour games as the norm? If you could just get the umpires to understand that it is the game that is important not they, and to learn the strike zone, we would have better umpiring and a more accurate outcome of the game.
    GO PHILLIES !!!

12. Mariann Pepitone - Oct 25, 2009 at 8:07 PM

I am hoping that someday the Cubs and Sox will play against each other in a World Series just like I hoped that the Dodgers and Angels would have played against each other in this World Series. I am rooting for the Angels because I have a son living in Los Angeles and the Cubs and Sox didn’t make it this year. Living in Chicago all my life I was hoping.

13. JeterTheBeter - Oct 26, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Or not.

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (3238)