Oct 26, 2009, 3:04 PM EDT
* In addition to letting Steve Phillips go, ESPN has now also fired the 22-year-old production assistant with whom he had an affair. Meanwhile, agent Steve Lefkowitz revealed that Phillips has entered a rehab facility for sex addiction in an effort “to save his marriage.”
* Charlie Manuel said today that Raul Ibanez will “more than likely” be the Phillies’ designated hitter for Game 1 of the World Series against Yankees left-hander CC Sabathia. Ben Francisco will likely replace him in left field, which is a massive upgrade defensively in addition to giving the injured Ibanez some extra rest.
* Red Sox bench coach Brad Mills appears to be the front-runner for the Astros’ managerial opening after Manny Acta turned Houston down.
* Alex Speier of WEEI.com quotes “a major-league source” as saying that “there is virtually no chance” the Mets will trade Carlos Beltran.
* You can follow the “Circling the Bases” team (minus Craig, who hates technology) on Twitter:
– Aaron Gleeman: @aarongleeman
– Matthew Pouliot: @matthewpouliot
– Bob Harkins: @bharks
– D.J. Short: @djshort
What we lack in creative Twitter account names, we more than make up for in good looks and sarcasm.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)