Link-O-Rama: Phillips, Ibanez, Mills, Beltran

Oct 26, 2009, 3:04 PM EDT

* In addition to letting Steve Phillips go, ESPN has now also fired the 22-year-old production assistant with whom he had an affair. Meanwhile, agent Steve Lefkowitz revealed that Phillips has entered a rehab facility for sex addiction in an effort “to save his marriage.”
* Charlie Manuel said today that Raul Ibanez will “more than likely” be the Phillies’ designated hitter for Game 1 of the World Series against Yankees left-hander CC Sabathia. Ben Francisco will likely replace him in left field, which is a massive upgrade defensively in addition to giving the injured Ibanez some extra rest.
* Red Sox bench coach Brad Mills appears to be the front-runner for the Astros’ managerial opening after Manny Acta turned Houston down.
* Alex Speier of WEEI.com quotes “a major-league source” as saying that “there is virtually no chance” the Mets will trade Carlos Beltran.
* You can follow the “Circling the Bases” team (minus Craig, who hates technology) on Twitter:
– Aaron Gleeman: @aarongleeman
– Matthew Pouliot: @matthewpouliot
– Bob Harkins: @bharks
– D.J. Short: @djshort
What we lack in creative Twitter account names, we more than make up for in good looks and sarcasm.

1. Craig Calcaterra - Oct 26, 2009 at 3:07 PM

I don’t hate technology. I just fear that the freemasons are going to try and exert mind control over me if I tweet. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

2. dcfan-1212450 - Oct 26, 2009 at 3:46 PM

And you guys should see this girl. Check out this link. So dissappointing for a man on TV. Reminds me of Monica Lewinsky.

3. Dan - Oct 26, 2009 at 4:08 PM

The article is amazing for so many reasons. So, so, so many reasons.

4. twins2010 - Oct 26, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Hey Craig,
    I think if you wrap your head in Tin Foil, it will prevent the masons from acessing your mind when you tweet. I am right now wrapping my head as well, but only so that I can not ever see the photo of Steve Phillips’ girlfriend again, per the linkfrom dcfan-1212450.

5. Church of the Perpetually Outraged - Oct 27, 2009 at 8:51 AM

I don’t hate technology. I just fear that the Stonecutters are going to try and exert mind control over me if I tweet. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

fixed that for you :)

6. Kyra Hartwick - Feb 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Very informative post. I’ve found your page on Bing and I’m very glad about the information you provide in your posts. I’ve skimmed through some of your pages and subscribed to your site by adding your

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3110)