Oct 27, 2009, 11:07 PM EDT
Shane Victorino seems the happy-go-lucky sort, the kind of guy who loves to play baseball and lets it show on and off the field.
But when it comes to New York tabloid journalism, he seems to find it more difficult to maintain a sense of humor. And I can’t say that I blame him.
As you can see by the photo on the right, Victorino didn’t want to have much to do with a New York Post photographer who approached him with copies of the newspaper, which featured a doctored (we’re assuming) photo of him in a cheerleader’s outfit.
The headline on the story? “Gotham Trembles: The Frillies are coming to town!”
According to Big League Stew, the photographer approached Victorino only to be cut off with a quick “No I’m not holding that up, bro.”
The Phillies center fielder played nice from there on out, but reportedly referred to the man as a “clown” after he left. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the circus!
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69