Oct 27, 2009, 11:07 PM EDT
Shane Victorino seems the happy-go-lucky sort, the kind of guy who loves to play baseball and lets it show on and off the field.
But when it comes to New York tabloid journalism, he seems to find it more difficult to maintain a sense of humor. And I can’t say that I blame him.
As you can see by the photo on the right, Victorino didn’t want to have much to do with a New York Post photographer who approached him with copies of the newspaper, which featured a doctored (we’re assuming) photo of him in a cheerleader’s outfit.
The headline on the story? “Gotham Trembles: The Frillies are coming to town!”
According to Big League Stew, the photographer approached Victorino only to be cut off with a quick “No I’m not holding that up, bro.”
The Phillies center fielder played nice from there on out, but reportedly referred to the man as a “clown” after he left. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the circus!
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 280
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 32
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (282)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)