Oct 27, 2009, 11:07 PM EDT
Shane Victorino seems the happy-go-lucky sort, the kind of guy who loves to play baseball and lets it show on and off the field.
But when it comes to New York tabloid journalism, he seems to find it more difficult to maintain a sense of humor. And I can’t say that I blame him.
As you can see by the photo on the right, Victorino didn’t want to have much to do with a New York Post photographer who approached him with copies of the newspaper, which featured a doctored (we’re assuming) photo of him in a cheerleader’s outfit.
The headline on the story? “Gotham Trembles: The Frillies are coming to town!”
According to Big League Stew, the photographer approached Victorino only to be cut off with a quick “No I’m not holding that up, bro.”
The Phillies center fielder played nice from there on out, but reportedly referred to the man as a “clown” after he left. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the circus!
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 9
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 66
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 72
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)