Oct 27, 2009, 11:07 PM EDT
Shane Victorino seems the happy-go-lucky sort, the kind of guy who loves to play baseball and lets it show on and off the field.
But when it comes to New York tabloid journalism, he seems to find it more difficult to maintain a sense of humor. And I can’t say that I blame him.
As you can see by the photo on the right, Victorino didn’t want to have much to do with a New York Post photographer who approached him with copies of the newspaper, which featured a doctored (we’re assuming) photo of him in a cheerleader’s outfit.
The headline on the story? “Gotham Trembles: The Frillies are coming to town!”
According to Big League Stew, the photographer approached Victorino only to be cut off with a quick “No I’m not holding that up, bro.”
The Phillies center fielder played nice from there on out, but reportedly referred to the man as a “clown” after he left. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the circus!
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 5
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)