Oct 27, 2009, 11:07 PM EDT
Shane Victorino seems the happy-go-lucky sort, the kind of guy who loves to play baseball and lets it show on and off the field.
But when it comes to New York tabloid journalism, he seems to find it more difficult to maintain a sense of humor. And I can’t say that I blame him.
As you can see by the photo on the right, Victorino didn’t want to have much to do with a New York Post photographer who approached him with copies of the newspaper, which featured a doctored (we’re assuming) photo of him in a cheerleader’s outfit.
The headline on the story? “Gotham Trembles: The Frillies are coming to town!”
According to Big League Stew, the photographer approached Victorino only to be cut off with a quick “No I’m not holding that up, bro.”
The Phillies center fielder played nice from there on out, but reportedly referred to the man as a “clown” after he left. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the circus!
- The beauty of belief 18
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 35
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 70
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)