Oct 27, 2009, 9:24 PM EDT
What would you do for World Series tickets? I guess it depends on how much you love baseball. I mean, REEEEAAALLY love baseball. Frankly, I don’t love it as much as this Philadelphia woman allegedly does:
Susan Finkelstein, 43, was charged with prostitution and related offenses after police say she advertised herself as a buxom, blond, die-hard Phillies fan who was desperately seeking World Series tickets and would have sex to get them.
Finkelstein allegedly posted an ad on Craigslist (no relation to our own Craig) in which she offered to perform the drag bunt, the infield fly, the hit-and-run, the squeeze play, the grand slam, and any of a number of other baseball terms that could also double as silly euphemisms.
According to police she described herself in the post as “gorgeous,” and proclaimed that her price was negotiable. (Negotiable? Does that mean a used ticket stub earns a hug?)
Anyway, she was busted Eugene Robinson-style when an undercover officer responded to the Craigslist ad. And Steve Phillips, remarkably, was nowhere to be seen.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 13
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 64
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)