Oct 27, 2009, 9:24 PM EDT
What would you do for World Series tickets? I guess it depends on how much you love baseball. I mean, REEEEAAALLY love baseball. Frankly, I don’t love it as much as this Philadelphia woman allegedly does:
Susan Finkelstein, 43, was charged with prostitution and related offenses after police say she advertised herself as a buxom, blond, die-hard Phillies fan who was desperately seeking World Series tickets and would have sex to get them.
Finkelstein allegedly posted an ad on Craigslist (no relation to our own Craig) in which she offered to perform the drag bunt, the infield fly, the hit-and-run, the squeeze play, the grand slam, and any of a number of other baseball terms that could also double as silly euphemisms.
According to police she described herself in the post as “gorgeous,” and proclaimed that her price was negotiable. (Negotiable? Does that mean a used ticket stub earns a hug?)
Anyway, she was busted Eugene Robinson-style when an undercover officer responded to the Craigslist ad. And Steve Phillips, remarkably, was nowhere to be seen.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 28
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 59
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 113
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 106
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (113)