Oct 27, 2009, 9:24 PM EDT
What would you do for World Series tickets? I guess it depends on how much you love baseball. I mean, REEEEAAALLY love baseball. Frankly, I don’t love it as much as this Philadelphia woman allegedly does:
Susan Finkelstein, 43, was charged with prostitution and related offenses after police say she advertised herself as a buxom, blond, die-hard Phillies fan who was desperately seeking World Series tickets and would have sex to get them.
Finkelstein allegedly posted an ad on Craigslist (no relation to our own Craig) in which she offered to perform the drag bunt, the infield fly, the hit-and-run, the squeeze play, the grand slam, and any of a number of other baseball terms that could also double as silly euphemisms.
According to police she described herself in the post as “gorgeous,” and proclaimed that her price was negotiable. (Negotiable? Does that mean a used ticket stub earns a hug?)
Anyway, she was busted Eugene Robinson-style when an undercover officer responded to the Craigslist ad. And Steve Phillips, remarkably, was nowhere to be seen.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)