Oct 27, 2009, 9:24 PM EDT
What would you do for World Series tickets? I guess it depends on how much you love baseball. I mean, REEEEAAALLY love baseball. Frankly, I don’t love it as much as this Philadelphia woman allegedly does:
Susan Finkelstein, 43, was charged with prostitution and related offenses after police say she advertised herself as a buxom, blond, die-hard Phillies fan who was desperately seeking World Series tickets and would have sex to get them.
Finkelstein allegedly posted an ad on Craigslist (no relation to our own Craig) in which she offered to perform the drag bunt, the infield fly, the hit-and-run, the squeeze play, the grand slam, and any of a number of other baseball terms that could also double as silly euphemisms.
According to police she described herself in the post as “gorgeous,” and proclaimed that her price was negotiable. (Negotiable? Does that mean a used ticket stub earns a hug?)
Anyway, she was busted Eugene Robinson-style when an undercover officer responded to the Craigslist ad. And Steve Phillips, remarkably, was nowhere to be seen.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 22
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)