Oct 28, 2009, 10:27 AM EST
According to the experts, while it’s supposed to rain today, it’s going to taper off by game time tonight, so there’s no real threat of a cancellation. It’ll actually be pretty darn nice in New York tomorrow, and it’s looking practically gorgeous for the Philadelphia portion of the Fall Classic. So it would appear that, despite all of our anxiety, there will be no real weather worries this year.
But what if a few balls bounced a few different ways in the past couple of weeks? What if, say, the Rockies had run the postseason gauntlet and the NL had prevailed in the All-Star Game? If so, this is what we’d be talking about on the day of Game 1:
Winter storm warnings are in effect throughout much of Colorado today. The National Weather Service says the Denver area could get between 10 and 18 inches of snow before the storm moves out tomorrow . . . Strong winds are forecast to develop tonight and tomorrow, which could cause blizzard conditions on the Eastern Plains.
There’s not a ton of sense in dwelling on what doesn’t happen in life, but with the World Series getting pushed later and later, one of these years it’s gonna happen.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)