Oct 28, 2009, 10:27 AM EDT
According to the experts, while it’s supposed to rain today, it’s going to taper off by game time tonight, so there’s no real threat of a cancellation. It’ll actually be pretty darn nice in New York tomorrow, and it’s looking practically gorgeous for the Philadelphia portion of the Fall Classic. So it would appear that, despite all of our anxiety, there will be no real weather worries this year.
But what if a few balls bounced a few different ways in the past couple of weeks? What if, say, the Rockies had run the postseason gauntlet and the NL had prevailed in the All-Star Game? If so, this is what we’d be talking about on the day of Game 1:
Winter storm warnings are in effect throughout much of Colorado today. The National Weather Service says the Denver area could get between 10 and 18 inches of snow before the storm moves out tomorrow . . . Strong winds are forecast to develop tonight and tomorrow, which could cause blizzard conditions on the Eastern Plains.
There’s not a ton of sense in dwelling on what doesn’t happen in life, but with the World Series getting pushed later and later, one of these years it’s gonna happen.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 0
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 17
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)