Oct 28, 2009, 10:27 AM EDT
According to the experts, while it’s supposed to rain today, it’s going to taper off by game time tonight, so there’s no real threat of a cancellation. It’ll actually be pretty darn nice in New York tomorrow, and it’s looking practically gorgeous for the Philadelphia portion of the Fall Classic. So it would appear that, despite all of our anxiety, there will be no real weather worries this year.
But what if a few balls bounced a few different ways in the past couple of weeks? What if, say, the Rockies had run the postseason gauntlet and the NL had prevailed in the All-Star Game? If so, this is what we’d be talking about on the day of Game 1:
Winter storm warnings are in effect throughout much of Colorado today. The National Weather Service says the Denver area could get between 10 and 18 inches of snow before the storm moves out tomorrow . . . Strong winds are forecast to develop tonight and tomorrow, which could cause blizzard conditions on the Eastern Plains.
There’s not a ton of sense in dwelling on what doesn’t happen in life, but with the World Series getting pushed later and later, one of these years it’s gonna happen.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)