Oct 28, 2009, 10:27 AM EDT
According to the experts, while it’s supposed to rain today, it’s going to taper off by game time tonight, so there’s no real threat of a cancellation. It’ll actually be pretty darn nice in New York tomorrow, and it’s looking practically gorgeous for the Philadelphia portion of the Fall Classic. So it would appear that, despite all of our anxiety, there will be no real weather worries this year.
But what if a few balls bounced a few different ways in the past couple of weeks? What if, say, the Rockies had run the postseason gauntlet and the NL had prevailed in the All-Star Game? If so, this is what we’d be talking about on the day of Game 1:
Winter storm warnings are in effect throughout much of Colorado today. The National Weather Service says the Denver area could get between 10 and 18 inches of snow before the storm moves out tomorrow . . . Strong winds are forecast to develop tonight and tomorrow, which could cause blizzard conditions on the Eastern Plains.
There’s not a ton of sense in dwelling on what doesn’t happen in life, but with the World Series getting pushed later and later, one of these years it’s gonna happen.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 13
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (94)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)