Oct 28, 2009, 11:45 AM EDT
* Tigers prospect Scott Sizemore underwent surgery yesterday to repair the fractured left ankle that he suffered last week while playing in the Arizona Fall League.
General manager Dave Dombrowski has indicated previously that Sizemore would be Detroit’s starting second baseman if free agent Placido Polanco doesn’t return, but before any of that can happen he’ll have screws stabilizing his ankle until January.
* Alyson Footer of MLB.com has a ton of good photos from the press conference introducing Brad Mills as the Astros’ manager. Houston’s new skipper will wear uniform No. 2.
* Meanwhile, the Red Sox will replace Mills as bench coach with an in-house option if manager Terry Francona has his wish. DeMarlo Hale and Tim Bogar figure to be candidates.
* After struggling in his second Arizona Fall League outing, Stephen Strasburg bounced back with 4.1 innings of one-hit ball yesterday, striking out five and reaching triple-digits with his fastball several times.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 36
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 10
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 41
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 60
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months
- PHT: Canucks reportedly fire Vigneault, assistants