World Series Game 1: Live Chat

Oct 28, 2009, 7:34 PM EDT

Despite some heavy rain in the New York area earlier today, Game 1 of the World Series will be played tonight. It’s the Phillies vs Yankees. Lee vs CC. The Fightin’ Phils vs The Bronx Bombers. The defending champs vs the Evil Empire. The team that Mets fans really hate vs the team that Mets fans really, really hate. Should be a good one.

Follow along all night with our live chat …

1. sheridan - Oct 28, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Where’s Florio???

2. Dave Williamson - Oct 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM

atta boy cc

3. Mark - Oct 28, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Utley uses a corked bat

4. slipknot2248 - Oct 28, 2009 at 10:20 PM

utley gets my vote for MVP he’s carried the Phillies through the whole last half of the season, to say nothing of the NLDS and the NLCS.

5. MadDog - Oct 28, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Game 1 in NYC. What’s with all those empty seats in Yankee Stadium for the World Series?????? Since there is so little interest, can’t they give those empty seats to more military folks? NYC and New York Yankees Baseball — the elitists are showing low class ….. no class….thumbing their nose to folks who’ve earned and deserve a seat.

6. SoCalGal - Oct 28, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I agree wholeheartedly! Them, or public servants who find it hard to afford the admission. Police, firefighters, teachers, even students! Fill the stands! Support the players!

7. judyj - Oct 28, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Not sure those seats are really empty. There is a restaurant directly behind those seats where access is only permitted to those seatholders. It is a wall of glass right behind those seats that allows everyone who goes into the restaurant to enjoy a “dry ass” instead of sitting in the rain. By inning two those seats were all full and I suppose the rest were probably in the restaurant.
    What a disappointing night! GO YANKEES!

8. db - Oct 28, 2009 at 11:23 PM

113 million 6…..201 million 0 in the bottom of the ninth, who do they buy this winter in a effort to BUY the Championship, nothing is greater in all of sports than watching the Steinbrenners, and the Al Davis’s of the world LOSE. Please let it be a Phillies victory. Money can’t buy you love, either I hate the yanks, O yea they were my favorite team for decades, prior to the ignorant rules that allow an old goat, well his son now try to buy a Series

9. Paul - Oct 28, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Greedy baztards!!

10. feb - Oct 29, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Money or no, what got the Yanks to the World Series is acting like a team, something they haven’t been able to do since the 90s. It’s great to see them grinding out each game, each doing what it takes so that the TEAM can win.
    Much more than I can say for Cliff Lee. Anyone catch his remarks after the game? Everyone’s heard primadonnas before, but this guy really takes the cake! I’m paraphrasing here, but you get the idea…
    If you can keep em in the yard you’re doing great, nevermind the whole game… (translation: I am so great)
    I put in the work between outings and just go out and execute… (Translation: I do what every other pitcher does, but my stuff is just better)
    I’ve never been nervous in a big-league game (Cuz I’m so great)
    He only even mentions the team once in a vague way, that one should trust one’s team! What an insufferably arrogant primadonna! Hope the Yanks NEVER consider obtaining this guy!
    Maybe his attitude will light a fire under the Yanks and they can use that as fuel. This guy seriously needs to be knocked down a few pegs.

11. Loris Stoutenger - Jan 16, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Very good post. Thanks for sharing.

12. Harry David - Feb 11, 2010 at 3:27 PM

your site came up.

13. Rory Ziemke - Feb 19, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Very nice site!

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5080)