Oct 29, 2009, 3:02 AM EDT
In the wake of an impressive showing by the Phillies in Game 1 of the World Series, let’s take a stroll around the nation and see what’s going on …
In New York, they were actually eating cheesesteaks. And no, that’s not some kind of euphemism for what Cliff Lee did to the Yankees.
Speaking of Lee, they’re worshipping him in Philadelphia with a video tribute, and rightly so.
How impressive was he? He did something that hadn’t been done since the FIRST World Series game.
In Cleveland, they tried not to pay attention. And they’re still mad about LeBron wearing that Yankee hat.
On the radio, Suzyn Waldman made some history as the first woman to broadcast a World Series game.
In Milwaukee, they were handing out awards to guys like Manny Parra (A for occasional effort).
In Atlanta, they’re jacked up about the idea of keeping Tim Hudson out of free agency.
And finally, in Boston, they’re gloating, and wondering if Pedro Martinez can make it 2-0.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)