Oct 29, 2009, 3:02 AM EDT
In the wake of an impressive showing by the Phillies in Game 1 of the World Series, let’s take a stroll around the nation and see what’s going on …
In New York, they were actually eating cheesesteaks. And no, that’s not some kind of euphemism for what Cliff Lee did to the Yankees.
Speaking of Lee, they’re worshipping him in Philadelphia with a video tribute, and rightly so.
How impressive was he? He did something that hadn’t been done since the FIRST World Series game.
In Cleveland, they tried not to pay attention. And they’re still mad about LeBron wearing that Yankee hat.
On the radio, Suzyn Waldman made some history as the first woman to broadcast a World Series game.
In Milwaukee, they were handing out awards to guys like Manny Parra (A for occasional effort).
In Atlanta, they’re jacked up about the idea of keeping Tim Hudson out of free agency.
And finally, in Boston, they’re gloating, and wondering if Pedro Martinez can make it 2-0.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 11
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)