Oct 29, 2009, 3:02 AM EDT
In the wake of an impressive showing by the Phillies in Game 1 of the World Series, let’s take a stroll around the nation and see what’s going on …
In New York, they were actually eating cheesesteaks. And no, that’s not some kind of euphemism for what Cliff Lee did to the Yankees.
Speaking of Lee, they’re worshipping him in Philadelphia with a video tribute, and rightly so.
How impressive was he? He did something that hadn’t been done since the FIRST World Series game.
In Cleveland, they tried not to pay attention. And they’re still mad about LeBron wearing that Yankee hat.
On the radio, Suzyn Waldman made some history as the first woman to broadcast a World Series game.
In Milwaukee, they were handing out awards to guys like Manny Parra (A for occasional effort).
In Atlanta, they’re jacked up about the idea of keeping Tim Hudson out of free agency.
And finally, in Boston, they’re gloating, and wondering if Pedro Martinez can make it 2-0.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?