Oct 29, 2009, 8:25 AM EDT
Well, not quite officially done because Selig basically tells the teams not to announce these sorts of things during the Series, but as Aaron said on Monday, the Braves and Tim Hudson were talking, and now they have all but agreed to a three-year, $27 million deal.
Good deal for the Braves, as Hudson could likely have commanded $12m+ over three or four years if he had tested the open market. Good deal for Hudson too, as he and his wife probably wouldn’t have much cared for having to sell that big old house they just built outside of Atlanta.
So: the Braves have six solid starting pitchers under contract for 2010 and a need for a corner bat. I have this feeling that Frank Wren’s phone is going to be ringing off the hook this winter.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (129)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)