Oct 29, 2009, 8:25 AM EDT
Well, not quite officially done because Selig basically tells the teams not to announce these sorts of things during the Series, but as Aaron said on Monday, the Braves and Tim Hudson were talking, and now they have all but agreed to a three-year, $27 million deal.
Good deal for the Braves, as Hudson could likely have commanded $12m+ over three or four years if he had tested the open market. Good deal for Hudson too, as he and his wife probably wouldn’t have much cared for having to sell that big old house they just built outside of Atlanta.
So: the Braves have six solid starting pitchers under contract for 2010 and a need for a corner bat. I have this feeling that Frank Wren’s phone is going to be ringing off the hook this winter.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)