Oct 29, 2009, 8:25 AM EDT
Well, not quite officially done because Selig basically tells the teams not to announce these sorts of things during the Series, but as Aaron said on Monday, the Braves and Tim Hudson were talking, and now they have all but agreed to a three-year, $27 million deal.
Good deal for the Braves, as Hudson could likely have commanded $12m+ over three or four years if he had tested the open market. Good deal for Hudson too, as he and his wife probably wouldn’t have much cared for having to sell that big old house they just built outside of Atlanta.
So: the Braves have six solid starting pitchers under contract for 2010 and a need for a corner bat. I have this feeling that Frank Wren’s phone is going to be ringing off the hook this winter.
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 19
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 9
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 51
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (96)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)