Oct 29, 2009, 8:25 AM EST
Well, not quite officially done because Selig basically tells the teams not to announce these sorts of things during the Series, but as Aaron said on Monday, the Braves and Tim Hudson were talking, and now they have all but agreed to a three-year, $27 million deal.
Good deal for the Braves, as Hudson could likely have commanded $12m+ over three or four years if he had tested the open market. Good deal for Hudson too, as he and his wife probably wouldn’t have much cared for having to sell that big old house they just built outside of Atlanta.
So: the Braves have six solid starting pitchers under contract for 2010 and a need for a corner bat. I have this feeling that Frank Wren’s phone is going to be ringing off the hook this winter.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)