Oct 29, 2009, 10:58 AM EST
There’s not a ton of actual news this morning, so let’s talk broadcasting:
As the game ended last night, I said to myself “hmm, I just watched over three hours of a FOX broadcast, and I’m not annoyed.” I was able to mostly ignore Buck, and, in an unlikely twist, McCarver didn’t say too terribly much to angry up my blood. Maybe more important, it didn’t seem to me like they were constantly cutting to crowd shots like they have in the past (one of my biggest pet peeves). I may have missed some giant gaffe when I put my daughter to bed or went for a beer or something, but on the whole, it was a good broadcast.
There are at least three more opportunities for FOX to remember all of the reasons we hate having to watch postseason baseball on their network, but until they do, I’m going to give them preliminary credit for maybe finally learning a few lessons.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 0
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 41
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)