Oct 30, 2009, 3:10 PM EDT
After briefly getting some reluctant love from Yankees fans while batting .438 with five homers and 12 RBIs through the first two playoff rounds, Alex Rodriguez is 0-for-8 with six strikeouts in the World Series.
Judging from the fan and media reaction Rodriguez seems to be one more 0-fer away from once again being public enemy No. 1 in New York.
With that in mind, I thought it might be interesting to compare the career postseason numbers for Rodriguez and Derek Jeter …
Rodriguez: .294 batting average, .393 on-base percentage, .545 slugging percentage, .938 OPS
Jeter: .311 batting average, .383 on-base percentage, .481 slugging percentage, .864 OPS
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)