Leave A-Rod alone for cryin' out loud

Oct 30, 2009, 8:55 AM EDT

You can tell just how hard it was for the media to go with that “A-Rod: clutch God” line of thinking they’ve been forced to adopt this year, because after just two bad games, they’re back into their old groove. First it was Joe Buck last night who, according to one reader, was “single handedly on a mission to resurrect the A-Rod is a choker in the post season movement.” This morning it’s the Daily News who says Rodriguez “suddenly looks as terrible at the plate as he did in far too many previous Octobers.”

Here’s an idea: give the dude the benefit of the doubt and allow for the fact that this is a World Series that, so far, has been marked by dominant starting pitching, even by the losing pitchers.  If A-Rod strikes out with the bases loaded in the last at bat of the deciding game, fine, go crazy. In the meantime, hasn’t he earned a little bit of breathing room on this subject?

1. NYChamp - Oct 31, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Why are you being so mean to me. I have mental problems, bro. Just let me be. Yes, my wife has cheated. So has every girl I’ve ever been with. I know I’m a loser, bro. Can’t I just act like a man on these anonymous boards without being called out by people like you, who are obviously much smarter than me?

2. David1978 - Oct 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM

I’m sorry. I had no idea that you were mentally challenged (though, I think that all of us can concede that we’re not suprised, based upon your posts). I want you to know that I will pray for you tonight, and that I hope you will find some guidance in life that will help you from the desperate straights within which yo’ve found yourself, you poor pathetic loser. Thank you for your apology. I think that we can all agree that you were wrong, and that your stupidity – genetic though i may be – is the reason why you are such a fucking loser. HAHA.

3. Marshall_in_Seattle - Oct 31, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Alex Rodriguez is the most spoiled, self-centered, arrogant a-h in any big league sport. He deserves all the derision he can get.

4. NYChamp - Nov 1, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Move out of your parent’s basement. You have to post something using my name because your last name is FAIL.

5. theeee yankees win - Nov 2, 2009 at 11:41 AM

really? the yankees will never win a world series with A-Rod huh? as of last night the yankees lead the phillies 3-1. u yankee haters make me sick. you are entitled to support your own team but this is disgusting. you are jealous haters whose teams probably doesnt have a fraction of the yankees world championships. and this “a-roid” stuff is ridiculously old. u have nothing else to criticize so u harp on stuff that happened in february. well done

6. who cares - Nov 3, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Oh Boo – Effin – Hoo, poor A-Rod what is he going to do. The poor guy only makes 33,000,000+ per year, how dare you people actually expect him to do something to like hit a ball or drive in runs when his team needs him the most. In my humble opinion he is the most grossly overpaid, over hyped, spoiled pampered jerk in all of sports. A total loser who let a skank like Madona break up his family, just to get dumped by her shortly afterward.

7. A-Rod hater - Nov 3, 2009 at 7:55 PM

wow Bill…I didn’t know A-Rod is a homo and Julie is afraid of him

8. uncledonny46 - Nov 5, 2009 at 1:54 PM

he’s a steroid driven monster for 10 years he violated the rules of the legue he should have been punished by not seeing the post season this year at all. Give ryan howard steroids and let him catch up.

9. Fadetoblack - Nov 5, 2009 at 2:06 PM

I love the fact that A-Phag gets reamed by the press. He’s the curse that the Yankees have and they will never win a World Series with him. —- Julie W, can you say OWNED???

10. uncledonny - Nov 5, 2009 at 2:12 PM

it may have been feb but it was over a decade of violating the rules, if you steal you steal if only one time.

11. Broseff - Nov 8, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Do you need help taking your foot out of your mouth?

12. Milo - Nov 24, 2009 at 1:09 AM

did anybody

13. Milo - Nov 24, 2009 at 1:12 AM

LOL

14. MAK - Nov 24, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Gay Rod, bashing, terrible insults, his girl friend is a lousey actress. How does this relate to baseball. There should be a test before most of you are allowed to post anything. I agree, yankee fans were horrible for the way they rode A Rod, i mean, he is one of our players and yet we booed him constantly. As much as dislike boston fans (not boston players) at least when popi was struggling the fans stayed behind him. Folks, i dont care how much money ARod makes, nor is his personal life anyones business but his. He had a great season considering the surgery, he had a great first two rounds, and did come thru in the series. Yankees fans, lay off ARod, he is one of ours, you should be rooting for him no matter what. It would not hurt if Jeter acted like a captain and came to Arods defense like he did for Giambi. Anyway, Yankees won the series, Jimmy Rollins can talk all the smack he wants, he came up small. Now for next yr

15. Jeff Suarez - Jan 16, 2010 at 12:31 PM

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the latest stuff you post.

16. Patrick Sparr - Jan 17, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Nice keep up the good work. where can we subscribe to the site’s newletter?

17. Ruthanne Gisriel - Jan 27, 2010 at 1:28 PM

That is some inspirational stuff. Never knew that opinions could be this varied. Thanks for all the enthusiasm to offer such helpful information here.

18. Adele Nabozny - Jan 31, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Who do you think is going to win this years superbowl? And what do you think the spread will be?

19. Sports headlines - Feb 3, 2010 at 4:25 PM

I know this is really boring and you are skipping to the next comment, but I just wanted to throw you a big thanks – you cleared up some things for me!

Pujols deal still worth it to Angels?
  1. I. Davis (4042)