Oct 30, 2009, 11:46 AM EDT
* Fired by the Rockies midway through his eighth season as manager, Clint Hurdle is now one of four finalists to replace Rudy Jaramillo as Rangers hitting coach. The other guys up for the job are former A’s hitting coach Thad Bosley, former Cubs hitting coach Gerald Perry, and longtime Rangers outfielder Rusty Greer.
* If his proximity to scantily clad women is any indication, Aroldis Chapman appears to be enjoying his city-to-city job search.
* As a follow-up to last week’s article about the Twins signing 16-year-old phenom Miguel Angel Sano for $3.15 million, here’s an interesting video detailing his life in the Dominican Republic and the signing process.
* This is only tangentially related to baseball, but it’s amusing nonetheless: Bergen Record columnist Bob Klapisch tells the story of how, a decade before his pregame concert last night, the man who was then known as Shawn Carter bought his house and then his car. Sort of.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)