Oct 30, 2009, 11:46 AM EDT
* Fired by the Rockies midway through his eighth season as manager, Clint Hurdle is now one of four finalists to replace Rudy Jaramillo as Rangers hitting coach. The other guys up for the job are former A’s hitting coach Thad Bosley, former Cubs hitting coach Gerald Perry, and longtime Rangers outfielder Rusty Greer.
* If his proximity to scantily clad women is any indication, Aroldis Chapman appears to be enjoying his city-to-city job search.
* As a follow-up to last week’s article about the Twins signing 16-year-old phenom Miguel Angel Sano for $3.15 million, here’s an interesting video detailing his life in the Dominican Republic and the signing process.
* This is only tangentially related to baseball, but it’s amusing nonetheless: Bergen Record columnist Bob Klapisch tells the story of how, a decade before his pregame concert last night, the man who was then known as Shawn Carter bought his house and then his car. Sort of.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 0
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 26
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 45
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)