Oct 30, 2009, 11:46 AM EDT
* Fired by the Rockies midway through his eighth season as manager, Clint Hurdle is now one of four finalists to replace Rudy Jaramillo as Rangers hitting coach. The other guys up for the job are former A’s hitting coach Thad Bosley, former Cubs hitting coach Gerald Perry, and longtime Rangers outfielder Rusty Greer.
* If his proximity to scantily clad women is any indication, Aroldis Chapman appears to be enjoying his city-to-city job search.
* As a follow-up to last week’s article about the Twins signing 16-year-old phenom Miguel Angel Sano for $3.15 million, here’s an interesting video detailing his life in the Dominican Republic and the signing process.
* This is only tangentially related to baseball, but it’s amusing nonetheless: Bergen Record columnist Bob Klapisch tells the story of how, a decade before his pregame concert last night, the man who was then known as Shawn Carter bought his house and then his car. Sort of.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)