Oct 30, 2009, 11:46 AM EST
* Fired by the Rockies midway through his eighth season as manager, Clint Hurdle is now one of four finalists to replace Rudy Jaramillo as Rangers hitting coach. The other guys up for the job are former A’s hitting coach Thad Bosley, former Cubs hitting coach Gerald Perry, and longtime Rangers outfielder Rusty Greer.
* If his proximity to scantily clad women is any indication, Aroldis Chapman appears to be enjoying his city-to-city job search.
* As a follow-up to last week’s article about the Twins signing 16-year-old phenom Miguel Angel Sano for $3.15 million, here’s an interesting video detailing his life in the Dominican Republic and the signing process.
* This is only tangentially related to baseball, but it’s amusing nonetheless: Bergen Record columnist Bob Klapisch tells the story of how, a decade before his pregame concert last night, the man who was then known as Shawn Carter bought his house and then his car. Sort of.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 51
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24