Oct 30, 2009, 11:46 AM EST
* Fired by the Rockies midway through his eighth season as manager, Clint Hurdle is now one of four finalists to replace Rudy Jaramillo as Rangers hitting coach. The other guys up for the job are former A’s hitting coach Thad Bosley, former Cubs hitting coach Gerald Perry, and longtime Rangers outfielder Rusty Greer.
* If his proximity to scantily clad women is any indication, Aroldis Chapman appears to be enjoying his city-to-city job search.
* As a follow-up to last week’s article about the Twins signing 16-year-old phenom Miguel Angel Sano for $3.15 million, here’s an interesting video detailing his life in the Dominican Republic and the signing process.
* This is only tangentially related to baseball, but it’s amusing nonetheless: Bergen Record columnist Bob Klapisch tells the story of how, a decade before his pregame concert last night, the man who was then known as Shawn Carter bought his house and then his car. Sort of.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)