David Wells doesn't like Philadelphia

Oct 31, 2009, 3:11 PM EDT

David Wells is a real renaissance
man. First, he was cast as the “Charles Barkley-type” for MLB coverage
on TBS. Now, he’s a guest columnist for the New York Post during the
World Series. In his newest piece entitled “City of Brotherly Love? My Butt!”,
the former Yankee southpaw
has Philadelphia in his crosshairs:

They are angry people. It’s going to be tough, because they are very
vocal, foul and can maybe cause havoc on some of the younger guys, but
I don’t think they will give the Yankees any problem. The only problem
will be for these Phillies fans, when they lose. The Yankees will shut
them up.

I put Philadelphia, Cleveland and Oakland atop my list for the worst fans in baseball, with Philadelphia No. 1.

I won’t spoil it all here, but go
ahead and read about Wells’ visit to the friendly confines of Citizens
Bank Park during the postseason with TBS. Big Cal Ripken fans out there.

1. bh0673 - Nov 1, 2009 at 7:50 AM

42nd and seventh? then that was an isolated incident. What happened did you not let them cross at the light when you wanted to make a turn? But group of misfits sounds like what my daughter faces at school along Broad Street every day in Philly.

2. sue - Nov 1, 2009 at 7:55 AM

bh0673 now your true ignorance is showing…give it up already…isolated my ass….I was at a red light and it was 3 days before a Sunday game between the Giants and the Eagles.

3. bh0673 - Nov 1, 2009 at 7:57 AM

No not ignorant again that behavior in Manhattan is an isolated incident.

4. bh0673 - Nov 1, 2009 at 8:04 AM

But lets transgress when they ripped off your Eagles plate frame did they threaten you or try to attack you? I have a family member down in Philly and she can’t believe the way the fans rioted after the Phillies won the NLCS this year. Maybe over time they will realize it is just a game and to enjoy victory you don’t need to go wild. I recently went down there when Baltimore was playing the Phillies and was there to root against Baltimore with those Philly fans I went with I talked to them about the mentality and even they admitted the fans down there can be very mean and out of control.

5. gram chick - Nov 1, 2009 at 9:11 AM

shame on you!!!sorry for you!!!what anger you must have stored in your body and mind.you failed to mention where you come from.IS IT THE SEWER? Have you ever looked at your family tree? That incest word you use really worries me,because people who use it most likely practice it. by the way,about your girlfriend, sorry she was knocked down but your anger was not because you had to pummel someone, but because you didn’t have the BALLS todo it.HOPE SHE DIDN’t MARRY YOU. LOVE THAT ZOO

6. wyliecoyote - Nov 1, 2009 at 9:51 AM

David Wells is correct! Philadelphia fans have ZERO class when it comes to baseball etiquette! STFU! No one wants to hear your drivel!

7. mike - Nov 1, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Philly fans, and for the most part, philly people in genral, have to be the angriest people on the planet. i went to Temple u and it is int he biggest slum in the city. When we tried to escape to the southside, it was almost as bad becuase all they want to do is fight, and they usually get their asses kicked. Everything from their chessy accents to the way their pitifulfashion sense spells loser. i heard a joke that sums them up perfectly;
    Question: How many Philly fans does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    Answer? Go F-yourself jerkoff before i kick your a$$

8. Bob - Nov 1, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Yes Phily Fans are the worse in Sports !!!. If you ever wear the other teams jersey at a game in Philly your taking your life in your own hands !!!. Having the ONLY jail in a stadium in the NFL pretty much says it all. I know the jail is gone now, but we all can still see the Philly gray matter coming out of their heads. Philly fans just don’t get it and NEVER will !!. Enough said:

9. jonny5 - Nov 2, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Who took my post down??? That’s ridiculous!!! Look at all the vile hatred being spewed here!! I say Phuck you to the haters and i get my post removed??? Ok, let me tone it down. You all need to get a grip on your own lives. Philly fans are the best in the country, deal with it. Y’all suck compared. It is what it is…… I can’t believe the things you all type, then say we’re the worst!!! LMAO!!! Are you stupid? Seriously though, are you?

10. XTrust_No1X - Nov 11, 2009 at 6:44 PM

I, Didn’t have the balls to pummel some philly lowlife scumbag? I sure did, listen you philly inbreed cunt, I piss on you and your lowlife scumbag family, and if you had a husband, instead of being a carpetmuncher, like ou probably are, I’d pummel him also just for the fun of it you whore!

11. custom tees - Feb 8, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Hey who do you think was the best player for the Super Bowl Drew Brees? Or Jonathan Vilma?

12. home panels - Feb 14, 2010 at 8:01 AM

But it is a point of contention about the Energy Produced. NREL published an analysis in ’04 showing PV panels returning their embodied material and mfg energy in 2 to 5 years, depending on type, and they should produce for upwards of 30 yrs total.. so they do in that analysis fully return their production energy several times over.

Jackie Robinson Day is bittersweet