Oct 31, 2009, 10:26 AM EDT
Uh-oh. This weekend’s New York-Philadelphia showdown might be impacted by rain. According to Weather.com, there’s a 40 percent chance of rain for first pitch on Saturday. But no worries, Bill Conlin of the Philadelphia Daily News has some advice:
My take? Enjoy temperatures in the 70s tomorrow. At game time, a
humid breeze from the south gusting to 25 mph will be starching The
Bank flags. Dress for possible rain. Ditto The Linc’s hearty
tailgaters, who will party hearty on Sunday in anything from a Category
1 hurricane to a blue norther. They know the drill.
Game 4 fans – assuming Game 3 is played on schedule – should dress
for cooler temperatures as the cold front drags through the region,
ushering in seasonable Nov. 1 temperatures.
You know, Conlin might be better suited to predict the weather. God knows we can’t trust his player evaluations.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 90
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 63
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (87)