Oct 31, 2009, 5:50 PM EDT
While addressing the media before Game 3, manager Joe Girardi named CC Sabathia as his Game 4 starter.
Sabathia would be starting on three day’s rest, but the decision doesn’t come as a huge surprise, since it would allow him to start a possible Game 7, if necessary, also on three day’s
Girardi hinted that Andy
Pettitte and A.J. Burnett could be in line for starts on short rest in
Games 5 and 6, although Chad Gaudin also remains a possibility.
Phillies manager Charlie Manuel
hasn’t wavered from starting Joe Blanton in Game 4. With rain expected
in Philadelphia on Saturday, a postponement could change everything.
Note: Be sure to join me for a live chat of Saturday’s Game 3. First pitch is scheduled for 7:57 pm ET.
Update: The tarp is on the field, so we might have a slight delay. As soon as there is first pitch, the chat will be up and running.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)