Oct 31, 2009, 2:13 PM EDT
Quiet mornings like this one can see rumors take on a life of their own. Hence the Cubs quickly coming out to address rumors of a possible Milton Bradley-for-Vernon Wells trade, saying discussions of a potential swap have “no legs at all.”
With five years remaining on
his deal, Vernon Wells has one of the most undesirable contracts in the
game. Meanwhile, Milton Bradley has two years and $21 million left on
In response to the proposed trade, Carrie Muskat of MLB.com says the Cubs may want to consider picking up Gary Matthews Jr. of the Angels, who is owed $23 million over the next two seasons.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy