Nov 1, 2009, 11:08 AM EDT
“I can’t wait until it’s over. It’s been mentally draining.”
- Cole Hamels can’t wait for the season to be over. If the Yankees grab a 3-1 lead after Game 4, he might just get his wish.
“Because we cannot control what the [Fox] camera man does with the
camera, one of the specific ground rules is when the ball hits the
camera, home run.”
- Crew chief Gerry Davis explains why an Alex Rodriguez flyball was ruled a two-run home run.
The flyball bounced off a camera lens in the right field corner,
resulting in the first ever use of replay in the postseason. Rodriguez
was awarded the home run and the Yankees quickly turned the tide on
“I don’t really read the paper. I’m more a guy that
looks at the pictures. But all of the struggles kept piling on, and the
harder I would try to work, the harder I would try when I got into the
box. To get by that and have a great game like tonight was extremely
- Nick Swisher says he didn’t let the criticism get to him. He returned to Joe Girardi’s lineup on Saturday night, finishing 2-for-4 with a double, a home run and two runs scored.
“They’ve got C. C., but oh well. We got him in Game 1. Why can’t we do it again?”
- The Phillies may be down 2-1, but Shane Victorino is still confident. The big difference between Game 4 and Game 1? No Cliff Lee.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (96)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)