Nov 1, 2009, 11:08 AM EDT
“I can’t wait until it’s over. It’s been mentally draining.”
– Cole Hamels can’t wait for the season to be over. If the Yankees grab a 3-1 lead after Game 4, he might just get his wish.
“Because we cannot control what the [Fox] camera man does with the
camera, one of the specific ground rules is when the ball hits the
camera, home run.”
- Crew chief Gerry Davis explains why an Alex Rodriguez flyball was ruled a two-run home run.
The flyball bounced off a camera lens in the right field corner,
resulting in the first ever use of replay in the postseason. Rodriguez
was awarded the home run and the Yankees quickly turned the tide on
“I don’t really read the paper. I’m more a guy that
looks at the pictures. But all of the struggles kept piling on, and the
harder I would try to work, the harder I would try when I got into the
box. To get by that and have a great game like tonight was extremely
– Nick Swisher says he didn’t let the criticism get to him. He returned to Joe Girardi’s lineup on Saturday night, finishing 2-for-4 with a double, a home run and two runs scored.
“They’ve got C. C., but oh well. We got him in Game 1. Why can’t we do it again?”
- The Phillies may be down 2-1, but Shane Victorino is still confident. The big difference between Game 4 and Game 1? No Cliff Lee.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 57
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)