Nov 1, 2009, 11:08 AM EST
“I can’t wait until it’s over. It’s been mentally draining.”
– Cole Hamels can’t wait for the season to be over. If the Yankees grab a 3-1 lead after Game 4, he might just get his wish.
“Because we cannot control what the [Fox] camera man does with the
camera, one of the specific ground rules is when the ball hits the
camera, home run.”
- Crew chief Gerry Davis explains why an Alex Rodriguez flyball was ruled a two-run home run.
The flyball bounced off a camera lens in the right field corner,
resulting in the first ever use of replay in the postseason. Rodriguez
was awarded the home run and the Yankees quickly turned the tide on
“I don’t really read the paper. I’m more a guy that
looks at the pictures. But all of the struggles kept piling on, and the
harder I would try to work, the harder I would try when I got into the
box. To get by that and have a great game like tonight was extremely
– Nick Swisher says he didn’t let the criticism get to him. He returned to Joe Girardi’s lineup on Saturday night, finishing 2-for-4 with a double, a home run and two runs scored.
“They’ve got C. C., but oh well. We got him in Game 1. Why can’t we do it again?”
- The Phillies may be down 2-1, but Shane Victorino is still confident. The big difference between Game 4 and Game 1? No Cliff Lee.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 26
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 281
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (281)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)