Nov 1, 2009, 11:08 AM EDT
“I can’t wait until it’s over. It’s been mentally draining.”
- Cole Hamels can’t wait for the season to be over. If the Yankees grab a 3-1 lead after Game 4, he might just get his wish.
“Because we cannot control what the [Fox] camera man does with the
camera, one of the specific ground rules is when the ball hits the
camera, home run.”
- Crew chief Gerry Davis explains why an Alex Rodriguez flyball was ruled a two-run home run.
The flyball bounced off a camera lens in the right field corner,
resulting in the first ever use of replay in the postseason. Rodriguez
was awarded the home run and the Yankees quickly turned the tide on
“I don’t really read the paper. I’m more a guy that
looks at the pictures. But all of the struggles kept piling on, and the
harder I would try to work, the harder I would try when I got into the
box. To get by that and have a great game like tonight was extremely
- Nick Swisher says he didn’t let the criticism get to him. He returned to Joe Girardi’s lineup on Saturday night, finishing 2-for-4 with a double, a home run and two runs scored.
“They’ve got C. C., but oh well. We got him in Game 1. Why can’t we do it again?”
- The Phillies may be down 2-1, but Shane Victorino is still confident. The big difference between Game 4 and Game 1? No Cliff Lee.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 4
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 18
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)