Nov 1, 2009, 11:08 AM EDT
“I can’t wait until it’s over. It’s been mentally draining.”
– Cole Hamels can’t wait for the season to be over. If the Yankees grab a 3-1 lead after Game 4, he might just get his wish.
“Because we cannot control what the [Fox] camera man does with the
camera, one of the specific ground rules is when the ball hits the
camera, home run.”
– Crew chief Gerry Davis explains why an Alex Rodriguez flyball was ruled a two-run home run.
The flyball bounced off a camera lens in the right field corner,
resulting in the first ever use of replay in the postseason. Rodriguez
was awarded the home run and the Yankees quickly turned the tide on
“I don’t really read the paper. I’m more a guy that
looks at the pictures. But all of the struggles kept piling on, and the
harder I would try to work, the harder I would try when I got into the
box. To get by that and have a great game like tonight was extremely
– Nick Swisher says he didn’t let the criticism get to him. He returned to Joe Girardi’s lineup on Saturday night, finishing 2-for-4 with a double, a home run and two runs scored.
“They’ve got C. C., but oh well. We got him in Game 1. Why can’t we do it again?”
– The Phillies may be down 2-1, but Shane Victorino is still confident. The big difference between Game 4 and Game 1? No Cliff Lee.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)